The OFFICIAL DISH / HBO Thread

I still think they need to design a co-op with Roku or Amazon for a Dish streaming device. I had a name for it and everything, and unfortunately I can’t remember it.
Sling Fire
No. It was a Marsupial. I believe the Pademelon
Hmm... let's put it to a vote to see which name people like better. (Anything to keep this thread active, so Dish will be tricked into thinking that people still care about HBO.)

Can’t use an opossum. That would be bad marketing. Not many people have heard of a Pademelon, and once they looked it up... being smaller than a wallaby(or Wally), it fits in line with the marsupial name and is marketable, plus being a small USB device to bring an additional service, Pademelon is perfect.

I have been subscribing to HBO for awhile though Amazon Prime, but I don't watch it anywhere near as much as I did on Dish. It is a case of "out of sight, out of mind." Shows that I would have watched almost immediately on my DVR now go months before I watch them on the app, if at all. With Bill Maher on a break for awhile, it may be time for me to take a long hiatus.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Okay, now this is funny. Earlier, I tried using Alexa to change the channel on the Hopper Duo to the Classic Yule Log by saying "Alexa, go to channel 304 on Bedroom 1." The Hopper Duo changed to the correct channel, but Alexa responded "Tuning to three-hundred-four, HBO2 Pacific on Dish. This is Deadwood the Movie" while the screen is showing a burning log. Somehow, that seemed kind of appropriate. :)

Seriously, though, it is terrible that after all this time, Alexa still thinks that HBO is on these channel numbers on Dish, especially since it breaks the functionality of the On Demand Menu (channel 300) and Netflix (channel 302) whenever I try to use Alexa to change to those channel numbers. This issue really needs to be fixed.

Possibly because the programmers for Alexa, bever thought to change this, thinking it would be a temporary dispute or having no knowledge at all of the Dish/HBO dispute which is most likely the case.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: edisonprime
Possibly because the programmers for Alexa, bever thought to change this, thinking it would be a temporary dispute or having no knowledge at all of the Dish/HBO dispute which is most likely the case.
Still, now that Dish is using these channel numbers for something else, that means that every time Alexa users attempt to tune to these channels, they are being treated to an advertisement for "HBO on Dish," a service that is no longer available. So, you would think that Dish would make sure to alert the Alexa programmers that this needs to be changed, in order to avoid getting phone calls from customers wanting to order HBO.

It is even worse when attempting to use Alexa to go to channel 300, the new home of the On Demand Menu. I just tested this by saying "Alexa, channel 300 on Bedroom 1." Alexa responds by saying "Tuning to three-hundred, HBO HD on Dish. This is Little. It looks like you are not subscribed to this channel. To change your programming package, go to the Dish website." Obviously, going to the Dish website is not going to help anyone order HBO, so this is going to result in online chats from confused customers.

Disagree. Don’t see it coming back at all. There’d be absolutely no point to it. For either company.
Some people may solely choose DirecTV over Dish because they have HBO and Cinemax, or at least have DirecTV to get HBO and Cinemax in the free three-month preview when they first sign up with the service. So yes, there is a point.

Reactions: pattykay
Not if that number doesn’t outweigh the cost for either side. Like I said, there would be no point for either company to bring it back at this point. Both have established services that HBO nor Cinemax would do anything to produce any extra revenue.

Reactions: KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)