The official "I need a good, user friendly FTA box for my parents" thread.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Optical Serenity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
Marietta,GA
My dad loves watching the Iranian channels on G19. I should specify, he loves watching the channels that are produced outside of Iran, he hates the Iranian propaganda.

At any rate, they had an old BEC that just is a pain in the butt to use, and appears to have lost some sensitivity. It's probably about 10 years old.

I took a Fortec Star Mercury II over there, and while it appeared to be more sensitive, it literally died after about one minute of being connected. I have no clue...it was old too.

So, I need something that is computer programmable, and has a good menu / user friendly UI. Things like HDMI are nice, but not a deal breaker. And what on earth is the AZBox? I've been out of the "scene" for a while, and after many hours of reading on here, I just need some opinions please.

All they're going to be doing is watching about 30 channels on G19.

Hmm a basic Fortec Pansat Ariza would be fine but if you want hdmi and to prepair for the future a bit if they switch to s2 the Manhattan is avalable now, or you can wait for the new Geosat to come out. Geost will even update off of the g-19 bird to keep the unit updated so thats as easy as it gets :)

May as well update the LNBF at the same time. Replace the coax for good measure. Not that much more $.

The Openbox is pretty good all around for the money and covers a lot of the bases. Has a pretty solid blind scan as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts