The Official Ohio State vs. Michigan Gameday Thread

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
The Rivalry Game is just 8 short days away!

Michigan vs. Ohio, Ann Arbor vs. Columbus, Maize & Blue vs. Scarlet & Gray, Woody vs. Bo, The Vest vs. Rich-Rod, The Shoe vs. The Big House, Good vs. Evil, North vs. South, Across the Field vs. The Victors.

"Ohio State/Michigan Week" will begin after tomorrow. I figured this epic rivalry will need it's own thread to discuss the upcoming game, rehash old game memories, talk trash and get ready for the most anticipated game of the season which is the 105th matchup of UM vs. OSU.

What: Michigan Wolverines @ Ohio State Buckeyes
When: Saturday November 22nd
Time: 12:00 Noon
TV: ABC
Where: Ohio Stadium

Gameday notes: This is the first OSU/UM game for new coach Rich Rodriguez. Currently, the Buckeyes are in the midst of a 4 year winning streak and have won 6 out of the last 8 meetings. Coach Rodriguez looks to change this pattern.

In 2001, in Jim Tressel's first year as head coach, OSU registered the Buckeyes' first defeat of the Wolverines in Ann Arbor in 14 years, by a 26-20 score. The last time the Wolverines won in Columbus was in 2000. Can Rich-Rod and UM have the same fortune?

We Don't Give A Damn For The Whole State of Michigan

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx5TVBf6cWM"]We Don't Give A Damn For The Whole State of Michigan[/ame]

Hey now....Michigan may be down, but this is Michigan Vs Ohio State, there have been many years (espically during the John Cooper Years):) Where Ohio State was a huge favorite and Michigan got the best of them.

I am a realist, that Ohio State has the talent above Michigan this year......But you never know

They need a victory over Sweater Vest

Go Blue!!!!!!

hopefully HBO shows the documentry on the series

Hey now....Michigan may be down, but this is Michigan Vs Ohio State, there have been many years (espically during the John Cooper Years):) Where Ohio State was a huge favorite and Michigan got the best of them.

I am a realist, that Ohio State has the talent above Michigan this year......But you never know

They need a victory over Sweater Vest

Go Blue!!!!!!

hopefully HBO shows the documentry on the series

I agree. This is what makes this rivalry so great. No matter the records, this game always seems to be a good battle.

Michigan has a football team this year?
scared.gif

Yeah not a big fan of LSU either.........Can't believe that the SEC got the best of the BUCKEYES the last 2 years. BUT.......it's always a good year when Michigan gets beat. But nonetheless you are right it's ALWAYWS a GREAT game!

I think Michigan State - Penn State has replaced the Mich - Ohio State in importance this year

Oklahoma/Tech, BYU/Utah, Pittsburgh/Cincinnati all have more st stake.

Hell, I'd rather watch the laugh fest that is Washington/Washington State!

Agreed! :up

I wouldn't go quite THAT far, but it sure will be good for comic relief! :D

I feel so bad that Drew Bledsoe has to be associated with that program right now. :eek:

Well I think as far as "At steak" sure there are other battles, but this is why it is a rival game. The history of the schools battle and what has been done and seen over the years is epic. If you are a college football fan, and unclear of the war. Try to rent or see the HBO special or the "Ten year war"

Any time in a game you have a coach saying:

"We went for two becouse we could not go for three" Woody Hayes, after beating michigan

You know its a battle

Well I think as far as "At steak" sure there are other battles, but this is why it is a rival game. The history of the schools battle and what has been done and seen over the years is epic. If you are a college football fan, and unclear of the war. Try to rent or see the HBO special or the "Ten year war"

Any time in a game you have a coach saying:

"We went for two becouse we could not go for three" Woody Hayes, after beating michigan

You know its a battle

:up

I will say this about the game: it's amazing how Michigan has not been the same since their last visit to Columbus.

Two years ago, Michigan was #2- my, how times have changed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)