The Official Super Bowl XLIII Thread

Except when it doesn't. If you've read my post #4 in this thread, I went back and examined all of the Steelers losses. In each loss, Roethlisberger was miserable. This is not a coincidence. When he throws picks, the team loses.

I agree, Ben can't throw any INTs, so far in this post season Ben has thrown 0 INTs.

Except when it doesn't. If you've read my post #4 in this thread, I went back and examined all of the Steelers losses. In each loss, Roethlisberger was miserable. This is not a coincidence. When he throws picks, the team loses.

I think you need to look closer at your stats you provided.
He was NOT outplayed in each of those games.
One game stat wise was very simular, Ben may have had 20 less yards passing, is that really considered being out played .... Don't go by stats, go by results. :up

Jimbo

I think you need to look closer at your stats you provided.
He was NOT outplayed in each of those games.

One game stat wise was very simular, Ben may have had 20 less yards passing, is that really considered being out played .... Don't go by stats, go by results. :up

Jimbo

Sure he was. In each of the Steelers 4 losses, Ben was outplayed statistically or had more interceptions than the opposing QB.

Like I said, in the Steelers 4 losses, Ben had 10 interceptions. The opposing QB's had just 1! That stat speaks volumes.

It looks like Hines Ward will be questionable for the Super Bowl with that sprained knee. Even if he plays, he'll wear a brace and be slowed significantly. I don't see the rookie, Limus Sweed stepping up in his absence. The Cardinals best shot is to build a lead early. These Steelers are not built for making huge comebacks. Ben tends to press and if he makes too many mistakes, the Steelers will lose.

It looks like Hines Ward will be questionable for the Super Bowl with that sprained knee. Even if he plays, he'll wear a brace and be slowed significantly. I don't see the rookie, Limus Sweed stepping up in his absence. The Cardinals best shot is to build a lead early. These Steelers are not built for making huge comebacks. Ben tends to press and if he makes too many mistakes, the Steelers will lose.

:music::music::music:

Super Random Thoughts/ Questions- XLIII Style

1. The state bird of Ohio is the Cardinal. Therefore, I consider it treason on your state if anyone from Ohio roots for the Steelers. ;) :D

2. Is the big silly Pirate Ship going to be removed from the end zone seats in Ramond James Stadium for the Super Bowl?

3. Any predictions for Springsteen's set list at halftime? Is he going to go classic for his first song ala Born to Run, Glory Days, Born in the USA? Or will he open with a newer song as in "The Rising"?

4. The best player in Super Bowl XLIII played college ball at Pittsburgh, although he now plays for the Cards (Larry Fitzgerald). The best defensive player in the Bowl was an undrafted free agent that played for my alma mater, Kent State University (James Harrison).

5. Looks like Hines Ward will be giving it a go in the Super Bowl. He still isn't cutting or running pass paterns yet though and we're 3 days until the Big Game. How much will his sprained knee effect his play?

6. What is everyone's plan for the game? Going anywhere? Having people over? What do you plan on eating? Any Super Bowl traditions?

7. Arizona averages 26.7 points per game. Pitt holds opponents to an average of 14 points. Something's got to give.

8. Why are the Bidwell's not as hated or frowned upon as Art Modell? Bidwell moved his team 3 times, from Chicago to St. Louis to Phoenix to Glendale. As a Cleveland fan, I'm still distraught at what Modell did. Do Cardinal fans hold that same resentment?

9. Steelers HC Mike Tomlin, 36-years-old, is the youngest to ever coach a Super Bowl. He is even a year younger than Cardinals QB Kurt Warner, 37-years-old.

10. For the first time in history, a 30-second commercial spot during the Super Bowl will be $3 million dollars. Do you guys/gals look forward to the commercials? Personally, I'm excited to see the debut trailer for the "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" movie.

1. The state bird of Ohio is the Cardinal. Therefore, I consider it treason on your state if anyone from Ohio roots for the Steelers.

I'm sure Jimbo has something to say about that.

2. Is the big silly Pirate Ship going to be removed from the end zone seats in Ramond James Stadium for the Super Bowl?

Probably not.

3. Any predictions for Springsteen's set list at halftime? Is he going to go classic for his first song ala Born to Run, Glory Days, Born in the USA? Or will he open with a newer song as in "The Rising"?

Like I care.

4. The best player in Super Bowl XLIII played college ball at Pittsburgh, although he now plays for the Cards (Larry Fitzgerald). The best defensive player in the Bowl was an undrafted free agent that played for my alma mater, Kent State University (James Harrison).

Agreed.

5. Looks like Hines Ward will be giving it a go in the Super Bowl. He still isn't cutting or running pass paterns yet though and we're 3 days until the Big Game. How much will his sprained knee effect his play?

He'll be just fine.

6. What is everyone's plans for the game? Going anywhere? Having people over? What do you plan on eating? Any Super Bowl traditions?

Staying home, having hot wings, pizza and beer.

7. Arizona averages 26.7 points per game. Pitt holds opponents to an average of 14 points. Something's got to give.

Defense wins championships.

8. Why are the Bidwell's not as hated or frowned upon as Art Modell? Bidwell moved his team 3 times, from Chicago to St. Louis to Phoenix to Glendale. As a Cleveland fan, I'm still distraught at what Modell did. Do Cardinal fans hold that same resentment?

Chicago already had the Bears and St. Louis got the Rams.

10. For the first time in history, a 30-second commercial spot during the Super Bowl will be $3 million dollars. Do you guys/gals look forward to the commercials? Personally, I'm excited to see the debut trailer for the "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" movie.

I like watching the commercials, the years the Steelers aren't playing in the Superbowl, I enjoy the commercials the most, kind of like how you must feel every year.;):D

1. The state bird of Ohio is the Cardinal. Therefore, I consider it treason on your state if anyone from Ohio roots for the Steelers.

Arizona DID play a role in Cleveland missing the playoffs in 2006. Remember that game with the controversial "Did Winslow get pushed out" ending?

I agree, Ben can't throw any INTs, so far in this post season Ben has thrown 0 INTs.

:up that will be the key. plus having that offensive line play well of course. Ward is listed as questionable but he'll play and play well.

Sure he was. In each of the Steelers 4 losses, Ben was outplayed statistically or had more interceptions than the opposing QB.

Like I said, in the Steelers 4 losses, Ben had 10 interceptions. The opposing QB's had just 1! That stat speaks volumes.

Your forgetting that the Cards have to be able to GET a lead first....
You seem to think the Steelers have never seen an offense like this, if I looked it up I'm sure I would find that the Cards Offense was not the top O this year.

So essentially you give the Steeler's NO CHANCE in the SB, it's a done deal, eh ?

If thats the case, how many points you givin me ?

Last edited:
1. The state bird of Ohio is the Cardinal. Therefore, I consider it treason on your state if anyone from Ohio roots for the Steelers. ;) :D
LMAO, where did you come up with this stuff ?
I'm not allowed to root for the Tigers either then according to your rules.
Sorry to slam you, but your starting to sound like a few others here.

Who cares ?

You keep harping on Hines, Hines will be just fine, the braces these guy's wear are nothing like what we would wear with a knee injury, I know, I've been there.
Btw, when were you out there watching Hines practice ?

28-17, maybe 28-21 .... Steelers win

This is ridiculous in this economy, I heard a lot of normal sponsors are pulling out this year. Of course you'll still have the top guys, Bud probably Fed Ex ect.

I think the commercials that use to be awesome have been very lame the last few years.

FWIW, I think Ben will throw 1 pick, he usually does throw one early on, if he doesn't throw one early, it will be a good day !

Jimbo

Last edited:
I think too many peole are getting caught up in the "flavor of the month" mentality. That "flavor" is now Arizona.

I'm as guilty as anyone of bashing the Cardinals. They proved me wrong. They've earned my respect.

BUT, the fact remains, in their playoff run, they haven't played a team anywhere near as good as the Steelers.

I'll say it again: congrats to the Cardinals for getting this far, and I'm sorry to their fans for the disrespect I showed their team.

I just don't see the Cards beating the best defense in the NFL, and an underrated Ben Roethlisberger.

You seem to think the Steelers have never seen an offense like this, if I looked it up I'm sure I would find that the Cards Offense was not the top O this year.

So essentially you give the Steeler's NO CHANCE in the SB, it's a done deal, eh ?

it can also be said that the cardinals offense has not seen a defense like this.
yes they did face really solid defenses like Dallas,Giants,Eagles,Panthers during the regular season and playoffs but you have those defenses and then you have the best Two Defenses for the 08-09 season in The Steelers and Ravens which they did not face. Like I've mentioned before, I don't see this being a blow out by any means but I'm still giving the Steelers the edge here but they better take the cards very seriously.

no mate arrrrrrr..

springsteen sucks :D

use him on 3rd down situations only. he'll be fine ;)

6. What is everyone's plan for the game? Going anywhere? Having people over? What do you plan on eating? Any Super Bowl traditions?

just me and the wife. maybe I'll do a little grilling :hungry:

i got a feeling that the cards offensive line will be the one to give

i wasn't that interested until you mentioned the trailer. sweet!!!:)

No, I'm just trying to convince myself of a reason to watch the game. And rooting heavily against Cleveland's arch enemy is the biggest reason. Besides, I would love to see an upset and Arizona win their first Title in franchise history. :D

LMAO, where did you come up with this stuff ?
I'm not allowed to root for the Tigers either then according to your rules.
Sorry to slam you, but your starting to sound like a few others here.

No, the Tiger is not the state cat of Ohio. But the Cardinal is the state Bird of Ohio. The Cardinal has ties to this wonderful state, not the other way around. ;) :D

You keep harping on Hines, Hines will be just fine, the braces these guy's wear are nothing like what we would wear with a knee injury, I know, I've been there.
Btw, when were you out there watching Hines practice ?

I've heard the reports that Hines still isn't running routes on Sirius NFL and ESPN.

I think too many peole are getting caught up in the "flavor of the month" mentality. That "flavor" is now Arizona.

I'm as guilty as anyone of bashing the Cardinals. They proved me wrong. They've earned my respect.

BUT, the fact remains, in their playoff run, they haven't played a team anywhere near as good as the Steelers.

I'll say it again: congrats to the Cardinals for getting this far, and I'm sorry to their fans for the disrespect I showed their team.

I just don't see the Cards beating the best defense in the NFL, and an underrated Ben Roethlisberger.

Actually, from everything I've been hearing, most people aren't giving the Cards a chance. Everyone is taking the Steelers and with good reason.

As a fan of neither team, I'm just looking for a good game with the hopes of the underdog winning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)