The PlayStation Vue Thread

I've kept Netlix mostly because my kids would mutiny if I got rid of it. But I got rid of Hulu. Have Amazon Prime regardless for the free shipping. I then cancelled my Dish network and went with the lowest package on Vue and CBS all access. Saving a ton of money now and I'm a big fan of the Vue service. Great picture quality and the DVR feature is nice. I hope they add locals in my area some time soon, but I'm not going to hold my breath as I live in a very small market area.

Im sitting here right now on whether to go PS4 now or wait for 9/7 and slim release info. I figured out last night that Amazon has $8.99 packs for Starz and Showtime, so I signed up for them and cancelled the versions through Directv to save some $$$. The Core Slim package at $35/month would be fine for me.

Reactions: fireponcoal
Reading this thread all I can think about is how options are a beautiful thing. I tried VUE early on(Philly market)for a month mostly because I forgot to cancel and it was nice but I sure it's changed since it went nationwide. I'll have to do a seven day trial again and see what changed. I'll have to remember to cancel this time. No promises though. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronnie-
PS4 ordered...

I am going to let the PS4 handle Amazon, Vue and Blu-ray and I can use my Bolt for OTA and 2160p Netflix.
You should wait, the 4K PS4 are supposed to come out in October, you may not need another 4K source but it will be a beefier processor, etc.

Nah. I read up on the CUH1000, 1100 and 1200 models. They are proven, I'll let that one be out awhile before I touch it. It always seems new consoles with serious updates can have weird quirks. Xbox S is an example.

What weird Xbox One S quirks are out there? I have one and haven't found any but honestly I haven't been pushing it that hard even with my 4K TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It released with no Amazon HDR, Netflix HDR is broken (I sent xbox support pics and info). Has some odd stutters on a few discs and would not play Oblivion or Lucy UHD for most people (M$ has acknowledged and is working on).

Seeing as I ONLY need the PS4 for Vue, and it would be a backup streaming device, no need to wait. Plus, being as it (Live tv like diy) is for the wife mainly, it better work OK... So I've learned enough in my day not to move into a new tv service with a newly released box LOL.

Why buy a PS4 just for View when Fire TV is so much cheaper and has a hell of a lot more streaming apps, not to mention IR remote control possibilities?

Why buy a PS4 just for View when Fire TV is so much cheaper and has a hell of a lot more streaming apps, not to mention IR remote control possibilities?

Because it is going to handle disc playback, Amazon Prime, Youtube.

Ive had FireTv, Id get a Roku before I got another one of those.

Because it is going to handle disc playback, Amazon Prime, Youtube.

Ive had FireTv, Id get a Roku before I got another one of those.

If good audio quality is important to you, it's worth noting the PS4's Vue app sends 2-channel audio wrapped inside a 7.1 stream (via HDMI), which your AVR won't be able to apply ProLogic surround processing to, meaning you'll only get 2-channel stereo sound that won't even engage your subwoofer (some other PS4 apps, like Spotify, do the same thing). I don't think any other PS Vue device has this problem, including PS3, FireTV, and Roku. I came up with a work around by setting audio output on my PS4 to optical digital, though I don't in fact have an optical digital cable connected between my PS4 and AVR. Unfortunately, that means if I want true 5.1 or 7.1 audio from blu-ray discs or Netflix, I have to switch the audio output on my PS4 back to HDMI each time. Kind of a pain, but at least I figured out how to get a 2-channel audio stream that I can apply ProLogic surround processing to when watch certain action-oriented shows on Vue.

I read up on the stereo output, still seems odd Sony chose that instead of just DD+. I did not see anyone say the 2.0 from the PS4 would not matrix with ProLogic (or on my case Dolby Surround on my Marantz), so I'll have to check that out.

I've already checked & PlayStation Vue has the NFL Network added to its Core & Elite Slim plans, plus if you want NFL Redzone added, you pay $39.99 once for the season. For some, that may seem steep for NFL Redzone(you can still get it as a $5.00 Sports Extra add-on with Sling TV's Sling Blue plan), but we knew that NFL Redzone was going to cost something.

Reactions: Zookster
I've already checked & PlayStation Vue has the NFL Network added to its Core & Elite Slim plans, plus if you want NFL Redzone added, you pay $39.99 once for the season. For some, that may seem steep for NFL Redzone(you can still get it as a $5.00 Sports Extra add-on with Sling TV's Sling Blue plan), but we knew that NFL Redzone was going to cost something.

That's great news about the NFL Network being added. I never pay attention to that channel until the season starts, but it does air live games you can't watch anywhere else.

Redzone price is what my cable company charged, so I find the price reasonable in that regard, but nothing I personally would pay for. I'm just glad it didn't get packaged with the NFL Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts