The PlayStation Vue Thread

You can now watch PS Vue from a PC browser, which is a big deal for me, because I already have a computer connected to an office TV. So now the Fire Stick I bought for that TV just for Vue can be put to better use elsewhere. Visit https://vue.playstation.com/watch/

EDIT: So far I like the interface, but no guide grid that I've found.

Has anyone else tried watching PS Vue in a PC (or Mac) browser? In my experience on a Windows 10 laptop using Firefox, PS Vue was a bit of a slideshow, which surprised me since PS Vue runs fine on all my Android devices that aren't nearly as powerful (though the interface is slow), and other live video streams (like Dish Anywhere) run fine on that same laptop.

Ouch.......

The nick channels for our daughter is a big loss.
Occasionally I will flip through the others just for background noise. Spike probably more than the rest.

The wife and I have formed a guilty pleasure in watching Teen Wolf, which ends with the coming season.

Might look at options when it happens.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ouch.......

The nick channels for our daughter is a big loss.
Occasionally I will flip through the others just for background noise. Spike probably more than the rest.

The wife and I have formed a guilty pleasure in watching Teen Wolf, which ends with the coming season.

Might look at options when it happens.

Sling TV STILL has Viacom, but with the exception of Comedy Central, they're all add-ons. You'd have to pay upwards of $15.00 extra for 3 $5.00 add-ons to get all Viacom channels offered by Sling TV.

PlayStation Vue adds BBC America & NBA TV BUT Viacom Channels are being dropped
http://cordcuttersnews.com/playstation-vue-adds-bbc-america-nba-tv-viacom-channels-dropped/

That's 20 channels being dropped! At least 12 of them are in the Core Slim. How can they still say that package gives me 70+ channels? Thankfully I haven't watched any of those channels in quite some time, but it will be weird not having the those basic, basic legacy cable channels, especially Comedy Central, when the odd program comes on.

I am quite happy for BBC America, however, because I will most definitely watch that channel. I was already accepting buying the final season of Orphan Black on Amazon when it airs this spring, but now I won't have to, assuming it's available in the Core package (it doesn't say in the article). And I know there are other shows on that channel I would be watching if I had it.

Yeah we could get by without any of them, but if they aren't included it's gonna make me look at value for the channels I do get.

I prefer Vue but I'll change if it suits us better

I'll definitely take a long hard look at any current or forthcoming OTT services that offer DVR functionality. That's always going to be the dealbreaker for me. Sling or DirectTV Now could offer 100+ of the most popular cable channels for $35 or less, but without a DVR, it's all totally, totally worthless to me.

well, looks like time to cancel vue. not that I;ll miss viacom channels, but not going to continue to pay same price with less options.

Maybe Vue feels like they got hosed by Viacom in their deal with them, especially in comparison to the deal maybe Sling TV got with Viacom & especially [Sling TV] not having to carry BET Gospel, BET Jams, BET Soul, CMT Music, MTV Classic, MTV Live, MTV U, or NickMusic(plus only having to carry Comedy Central in their core programing, Nick Jr. added to core programing in Sling Blue, the rest being in $5.00 add on packages). Maybe Vue hopes that Viacom will cave & renegotiate at better deal for Vue(& Vue can drop those above mentioned channels also), because Viacom is in a weakened state of turmoil right now.

Maybe Vue feels like they got hosed by Viacom in their deal with them, especially in comparison to the deal maybe Sling TV got with Viacom & especially [Sling TV] not having to carry BET Gospel, BET Jams, BET Soul, CMT Music, MTV Classic, MTV Live, MTV U, or NickMusic(plus only having to carry Comedy Central in their core programing, Nick Jr. added to core programing in Sling Blue, the rest being in $5.00 add on packages). Maybe Vue hopes that Viacom will cave & renegotiate at better deal for Vue(& Vue can drop those above mentioned channels also), because Viacom is in a weakened state of turmoil right now.
Centric, I forget to mention Centric. What is Centric? Sling TV doesn't carry Centric. These are the very channels that nobody watches, that are the very reason for cord cutting in the first place. Look at the totality of the list, I'm sure that Vue also wants to keep the channels that YOU want to watch. But these channels that I listed?

Centric, I forget to mention Centric. What is Centric? Sling TV doesn't carry Centric. These are the very channels that nobody watches, that are the very reason for cord cutting in the first place. Look at the totality of the list, I'm sure that Vue also wants to keep the channels that YOU want to watch. But these channels that I listed?

Centric used to be BET Jazz before they re-branded the channel.

I wonder why the Viacom channels are being dropped...& what is Nick Music?

I believe another rebranded channel ... I believe Nick Music was MTV Hits.

Reactions: andy_horton
For a company (Viacom) under siege, they act like they hold all the cards.

Reactions: ohioankev
PlayStation Vue needs to put their cards on the table & honestly explain why they are dropping Viacom, because they are facing a backlash if they don't. I can speculate, but they need to just come out & say what the deal is. Out of all of the Viacom channels, I'd only watch MTV for the Shannara Chronicles. I haven't watched Spike since they cancelled Blade. Are subscribers giving Vue an earful about how they feel about their Viacom decision? Right now, silence is hurting Vue, without even leaks, authorized or unauthorized, coming out to explain this.

There are hundreds of comments in the PS Blog article on the Viacom channel drop: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...onal-lineup-change-coming-to-playstation-vue/

Most posters are saying they'll drop Vue now. Others are wondering if this is just temporary pending negotiations. Or why our prices aren't dropping after losing 10-20 channels (depending on your package).

If you aren't a Playstation gamer, but now have a PS account for PS Vue purposes, it's easy to log in to the PS Blog and post your own comments/complaints in the thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)