The real season: NBA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If I cared, I guess that would mean something. I have no allegiance to the L.A. market. Couldn't give a rat's ass about the Dodgers. Yawned when the Raiders left town. Hope Kobe gets traded (tired of his whining, plus I'm a firm believer in the concept that there's no "I" in team). It's not wishful thinking on my part; merely an observation. The team looked moribund in the playoffs, and that's when teams are supposed to rise to the occasion.

They did look morbid....but how does that equate not being a playoff team?:confused: The Heat had injuries ALL year...they ONLY had the full line-up together for approx. 20 games. Then their best player, who is one of the top 5 players in the league, comes back at a little more than half speed for the playoffs. But the just digging for excuses, they were out of sync and out of shape all year.
But that team was built to contend for the next few years....they will contend for the title because anything can happen on the road to the finals.

Paul.....You know full well that the Heat did NOT build this team for a one and done. Look, last year...the team rested on it's laurels and Reilly addressed that with his final press conference. He has already stated that the players that are here for next year better come in...IN SHAPE.

As far as the Pistons retooling...EVERYONE that was in the playoffs in the EAST was old except for the Cleveland. And like I said, let's call a spade a spade here....Cleveland road to the Finals was pretty easy....Wizards, Nets and THEN they had a difficult series in Detroit....so we thought. ALL those teams depended heavily on older players in key spots. Look at the WEST and most, except for San Antonio, are young teams with young nucleuses(sp?). Now as far as looking bad against Chicago, the Heat have had problems with them for the last 2 seasons. The Bulls have won the regular season series against the Heat for the last 3 years....Chicago JUST has their number. Yet, the Pistons WON the 1st 2 games, and then got swept after that....don't know which one is worse. Now, the issue with Shaq has NOT been motivation as much as it has been injuries due to not being in shape. Payton.....was ONLY depended on because Jason Williams was injured half of the year....when he was healthy...he did EXACTLY what was asked of him. Antoine Walker...has not caused ONE SINGLE problem while on the Heat...has NOT been a head case AT ALL. I don't know where you might be getting your info from but other than initially bummin' about not starting, he has known his place on the roster. Those 2 with Eddie Jones, are more than likely good as gone. This team WILL compete for the Eastern conference title next year, I WILL bet money on that! Cleveland and Chicago will be the team to beat next year...more so than Cleveland. UNLESS Cleveland does something to help Lebron, they will not be so lucky in the seeding as they were this year. I assure you Washington, with a HEALTHY team, will also be VERY hard to beat....

Riley ordered them to show up IN SHAPE! Oh, well that changes everything. What shape did they show up in last year. I guess those multimillion dollar contracts weren't enough motivation. Or for that matter, defending their crown. But now that the coach has ordered it...well we'll get right on it. Sorry not buying this, Salsa.

Riley ordered them to show up IN SHAPE! Oh, well that changes everything. What shape did they show up in last year. I guess those multimillion dollar contracts weren't enough motivation. Or for that matter, defending their crown. But now that the coach has ordered it...well we'll get right on it. Sorry not buying this, Salsa.

Ok...so YOUR assumption is that they are done because.........?:confused:

Oh so their injured players last year had nothing to do with it?

PLAYERS...they had the full roster, injury free for only 20 games....

Yeah I know, they were lucky in my opinion to even make the playoffs. If the Eastern Conference wasn't so down they probably wouldn't have.

I'm saying that the Heat, even if they're healthy, with this current roster, LIKE the Pistons, are lining up next season behind Cleveland and Chicago. The GM's of both teams know this. If they don't, then their place in the standings will be exactly as I said.

I'm saying that the Heat, even if they're healthy, with this current roster, LIKE the Pistons, are lining up next season behind Cleveland and Chicago. The GM's of both teams know this. If they don't, then their place in the standings will be exactly as I said.

And I do think that the youth movement IS the way to go for both teams...BUT don't OVER estimate the Cavaliers making the Finals. They have a great player that caught a break in the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs...and then the Lebron factor kicked in against Detroit. I considered the Pistons a little more serious because they depend ALOT more on their older players than Miami does(3 starters to 1).
But if you really look, the one that looks the best because they really don't need any changes in Chicago....

Actually I said "moribund" not "morbid", but I guess morbid works in a way. Listen, every team has to work through injuries. Look what happened with the Lakers with virtually everyone out for extended periods of time. They had less firepower than the Heat and went as far. IMO, Riley, with the exception of Wade and Mourning, loaded his roster with uninspired players.They aren't going to get more inspired during the off-season. If Riley doesn't get some new spark on the team and get rid of some of the court-draggers, they're going to be in the same position as last season. If Riley can't inspire these guys, no one can. In my opinion he's a better coach than Phil. I don't know Salsa. I just call it like I see it; and I see them as a first round and out team again.

They did look morbid....but how does that equate not being a playoff team?:confused: The Heat had injuries ALL year...they ONLY had the full line-up together for approx. 20 games. Then their best player, who is one of the top 5 players in the league, comes back at a little more than half speed for the playoffs. But the just digging for excuses, they were out of sync and out of shape all year.
But that team was built to contend for the next few years....they will contend for the title because anything can happen on the road to the finals.

Actually I said "moribund" not "morbid", but I guess morbid works in a way. Listen, every team has to work through injuries. Look what happened with the Lakers with virtually everyone out for extended periods of time. They had less firepower than the Heat and went as far. IMO, Riley, with the exception of Wade and Mourning, loaded his roster with uninspired players.They aren't going to get more inspired during the off-season. If Riley doesn't get some new spark on the team and get rid of some of the court-draggers, they're going to be in the same position as last season. If Riley can't inspire these guys, no one can. In my opinion he's a better coach than Phil. I don't know Salsa. I just call it like I see it; and I see them as a first round and out team again.

Yeah, like I said...ALL in the East will have to retool.....And the Heat roster was NO DIFFERENT than the one that won the championship....just MORE injuries. But, again, look at the roster and look at the minutes.....the 4 oldest guys on both team, the Pistons and the Heat...and you will see that the Pistons depended MORE on them than the Heat.....Look, the East is a crap shoot to be honest. EVERYONE thought Heat/Pistons easily and then Bulls and everyone else a very distant 4th and beyond. NOW with Cleveland in the Finals, EVERYTHING is open. Hell, if Washington was completely healthy, I think that are a BETTER team than Cleveland AND New Jersey....but will will never know. So let's say that FOR THE TIME BEING, the Eastern Conference Champs resides in Cleveland...

Deal :hatsoff:

Yeah, like I said...ALL in the East will have to retool.....And the Heat roster was NO DIFFERENT than the one that won the championship....just MORE injuries. But, again, look at the roster and look at the minutes.....the 4 oldest guys on both team, the Pistons and the Heat...and you will see that the Pistons depended MORE on them than the Heat.....Look, the East is a crap shoot to be honest. EVERYONE thought Heat/Pistons easily and then Bulls and everyone else a very distant 4th and beyond. NOW with Cleveland in the Finals, EVERYTHING is open. Hell, if Washington was completely healthy, I think that are a BETTER team than Cleveland AND New Jersey....but will will never know. So let's say that FOR THE TIME BEING, the Eastern Conference Champs resides in Cleveland...

Wasn't that pretty much the expected outcome? The Cavs need to steal game two if they're to have any chance in this series. Spurs did a whale of a job on James , but they won't keep him down forever.

Can't understand Brown's insistence on starting and keeping Larry Hughes in the line-up for so long. He is as worthless as "tits on a bull" in his present state with that foot injury. Wasn't much better before the injury. We need to go with Daniel Boobie Gibson if we hope to get anywhere in this series. Wake up Brown!!

Well, Boobie starting didn't help any last night. Guess he was just overwhelmed by the whole thing. If China should happen to be thinking about building another great wall, they need to give the Cavs a call. We have some great bricklayers here that we could loan out to them. Only 3 of 19 3-pointers made. Outrageous!!! Game was definitely lost there. This team reminds me of last seasons Ohio State team. In love with the 3-pointer even though unable to connect. As I have always said, live or die by the 3-pointer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts