The Red Wing 08 - 09 Season Officially Begins

Rob7

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Traverse City, MI
The Red Wings arrived shortly after 4 PM today.....all are present and accounted for, so now the season can begin. Tomorrow morning they will do strength training workouts, and in the afternoon participate in the annual charity golf outing.

Saturday morning at 9:15, training camp will begin, and continue until next Tuesday. On Wednesday the 24th the first pre-season game will be with the Canadiens, and the first regular season game on Oct 9th with the Maple Leafs.

So, will we be able to repeat....or will those pesky youngsters belonging to the Penguins think it is their turn?

BTW, the NHL Prospect Camp was completed just before the Wings arrived. Coaches were impressed with some of the new guys. Put Daniel Larsson and Thomas McCollum on your list to keep an eye on. The Wings farm system continues in full gear.

p.s. Will Jason Crandall will be able to get a new picture with him and Stanley Cup at the end of this season.........Stay tuned

Look out for the Blackhawks. Chicago is no longer a walkover for the Wings.

Oh, and I don't want Detroit stealing any more Sabres players. They've lost enough already!

Man, my picture is like 4 years old, need a new one.

First televised pre-season game is Sept 30!

Going to the Joe to buy my periodic tickets next week (and avoid tickemaser ripoff fees).

If you want good Grand Rapids viewing, check out the tournament footage from NHL Network. I watched the wings top prospects on that game, I'm sure they'll replay it a couple times. Ken Holland (Wings GM) spent about 20 minutes talking with Larry Murphy while calling the game.

Almost time for a new avatar- just as soon as the Cubs end this drought.

The Red Wings arrived shortly after 4 PM today.....all are present and accounted for, so now the season can begin. Tomorrow morning they will do strength training workouts, and in the afternoon participate in the annual charity golf outing.

Saturday morning at 9:15, training camp will begin, and continue until next Tuesday. On Wednesday the 24th the first pre-season game will be with the Canadiens, and the first regular season game on Oct 9th with the Maple Leafs.

So, will we be able to repeat....or will those pesky youngsters belonging to the Penguins think it is their turn?

BTW, the NHL Prospect Camp was completed just before the Wings arrived. Coaches were impressed with some of the new guys. Put Daniel Larsson and Thomas McCollum on your list to keep an eye on. The Wings farm system continues in full gear.

p.s. Will Jason Crandall will be able to get a new picture with him and Stanley Cup at the end of this season.........Stay tuned

I was watching the "Prospect" games on the NHL network the last few nights.
I think it was Minnesota tonight and Atlanta last night.

Jimbo

Last edited:
SabresRule;1521669[B said:
]Look out for the Blackhawks.[/B] Chicago is no longer a walkover for the Wings.

Oh, and I don't want Detroit stealing any more Sabres players. They've lost enough already!

We have to lose once in awhile, I guess. I'll be worried if and when those guys actually make the playoffs. Come March, the Wings will be on their way to a 2nd consecutive Stanley Cup. The Blackhawks are merely a bump on the road, a bug on the windshield, etc...like the rest of the league.

GO RED WINGS!!!

There is a Rangers vs. Senators preseason game on MSGHD Saturday a 7pm.

DirecTV has the sports pack in preview this weeked :) Channel 634.

The Wings finished camp last night with the annual red/white game. Very positive attitude about the upcoming season. Headed to DTW to play the first pre-season game tonight. One big question still not answered is..... will it be Ty Conklin or Jimmy Howard who is selected to backup Chris Osgood. Hope they have a great season :)

The Wings finished camp last night with the annual red/white game. Very positive attitude about the upcoming season. Headed to DTW to play the first pre-season game tonight. One big question still not answered is..... will it be Ty Conklin or Jimmy Howard who is selected to backup Chris Osgood. Hope they have a great season :)

This ain't the Lions, barring a rash of major injuries, we will be playing to retain the Stanley Cup. No need to hope, just sit back and enjoy!

Ty Conklin, unless he plays so poorly that he loses his job.
The Wings have had 2-3 goalies that were suppose to be up and playing by now and they keep going other routes.
Howard is one and there are a few others that I can't name at the moment ....

They keep bringing in the Vets and the young guys are getting old, at one time it was Manny Legacy's turn, he finally got there and then got pushed back to back up again.
I liked the Manny / Ozzie combo:up

Jimbo

Last edited:
This ain't the Lions, barring a rash of major injuries, we will be playing to retain the Stanley Cup. No need to hope, just sit back and enjoy!
As a native Detroiter, I have dutifully worn my Lions cap on all seven continents during my military career. Well, after just three games this season...I am so fed up with the team that tossed my Lions cap into the closet and shut the door on yet another disappointing season. Yeah, I'll blindly follow them like the horse being led by an apple on a string, but their season is over.

Go Cowboys!

JImbo- Manny was lost to free agency, signed with St Louis. You may know that, but I wasn't sure.

Riffjim - I root for the Patriots, only because I really like Tom Brady from the Michigan days. With him out, and the Lions in the tank, all that is left for NFL is whoever made my fantasy roster

FSN Detroit put out the Wings HD Schedule:
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/8499044

THis year, 58 total games will be HD (between FSN, VS, & NBC)
Only 24 games will be SD (some FSN & FSN+)

Of the 24 SD games, 9 are FSN+, 15 are regular FSN. 2 of those are Sunday afternoon games could be picked up by NBC, which would become HD.

Much better than last year :D But still not 100% HD.

For comparasion, the Pistons are all FSN this year (MY20 is dead, the Pistons contract is FSN's for 10 years).

The Pistons have 20 games that are SD only on FSN or FSN+. Pretty even split.

FSN Detroit put out the Wings HD Schedule:
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/8499044

THis year, 58 total games will be HD (between FSN, VS, & NBC)
Only 24 games will be SD (some FSN & FSN+)

Of the 24 SD games, 9 are FSN+, 15 are regular FSN. 2 of those are Sunday afternoon games could be picked up by NBC, which would become HD.

Much better than last year :D But still not 100% HD.

For comparasion, the Pistons are all FSN this year (MY20 is dead, the Pistons contract is FSN's for 10 years).

The Pistons have 20 games that are SD only on FSN or FSN+. Pretty even split.

Thanks for the link Jason, I've been waiting for that to come out. :D

Jimbo

Stupid DirecTV has LPGA garbage on Versus/Golf HD channel instead of the Wings/Leafs!? I'm going to have to watch this game in SD? This is ridiculous.

EDIT: Oops! I spoke too soon. They switched it over, despite not updating the program guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts