The Red Wing 08 - 09 Season Officially Begins

I can't you how much I enjoyed watching the banner-raising ceremony this evening. It's time to start our quest to win another championship and Keep the Cup!

keepthecup.jpg

I can't you how much I enjoyed watching the banner-raising ceremony this evening. It's time to start our quest to win another championship and Keep the Cup!

You are so right....it was great to see that banner go up and to get a last look at The Cup until next year :)

I was at the game last night and dispite the loss, the atmosphere was great. Wings/Maple leafs had a playoff feel to it the Maple leaf fans who were there were pasionate

Though they had to be politely reminded that the were not the defending champs, and making the playoffs first would be a start:)

Stupid DirecTV has LPGA garbage on Versus/Golf HD channel instead of the Wings/Leafs!? I'm going to have to watch this game in SD? This is ridiculous.

EDIT: Oops! I spoke too soon. They switched it over, despite not updating the program guide.

It is NOT Direct's or Dish's fault about golf on the VS/Golf channel it is VS/Golf's fault.
The sat co's just send what they get. They in NO way control what they get.

Who will lose more games this season? The Lions or the Red Wings?

Probably the Red Wings , just do to the length of the schedule, I would guess they might lose about 20-25 games this year.
The Wings lose 21 games last year in the regular season.
I think they had a year when they lost only 13, it saw a year where they could do no wrong, but eventually failed to win the Cup, Scotty was still there then. Don't remember the year though, too lazy to look it up.

Jimbo

Good to see the Wings win the first one on Saturday night, now they have that monkey of their back, they can move on to more important things :)

Franzen comes up big last night. Got to love this team, time runnning out on them in the 3rd period, but no sign of panic. It's like they just know that they will pull it out somehow.

Thanks Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo for catching my error. Posted this last night in the wrong tread, so naturally all those guys thought I was really on something :D

But here was my comment last night...

"When I saw Ty Conklin in training camp he looked impressive, WOW, tonight he looked outstanding!"

Thanks Jimbo for catching my error. Posted this last night in the wrong tread, so naturally all those guys thought I was really on something :D

But here was my comment last night...

"When I saw Ty Conklin in training camp he looked impressive, WOW, tonight he looked outstanding!"

Where did this guy play before Detroit? This team doesn't have a weakness anywhere. I Still think they may lose less games than the Lions.

[/b]

Where did this guy play before Detroit? This team doesn't have a weakness anywhere. I Still think they may lose less games than the Lions.

Paul, he was with the oilers, blue jackets, sabers and most recently penguins but the Wings thought he had always been underutilized. Mike Babcock hopes to use him every third game to keep Chris Osgood from getting burned out.

P.S. He is only 28 which by Wings standards is real young !

I need to get up to a Wings game so I can get into the season .... Just not there yet, probably get into the Wings more after the holidays ...unless I get to a game and then the adrenlin will kick in.

Jimbo

First a kid pissing in the Cup and now this.......

During the home opener for the Red Wings, Def Leppard put the cup upside down.

1f8c807f453745e3ff990305f36d1cc1-1.jpg

Chris Chelios seems to think it was done on purpose....
J.J.: "You think he did it on purpose?"

"No, we know he did ... we talked to people at the show and the guy was being real rude to everybody," Chelios said. "He was in a bad mood when they got there, so for whatever reason he didn't want to be there. And that's his way of showing it and taking it out on the NHL. ...

First a kid pissing in the Cup and now this.......

During the home opener for the Red Wings, Def Leppard put the cup upside down.

1f8c807f453745e3ff990305f36d1cc1-1.jpg

Chris Chelios seems to think it was done on purpose....

Yes they did this JUST after McCarty had left the room so I think that they were luckey.

HD,

who's YOUR hockey team?

I know every team you root for in the major sports (Indians, Browns, Cavs, Ohio State), but what abotu on the ice?

HD,

who's YOUR hockey team?

I know every team you root for in the major sports (Indians, Browns, Cavs, Ohio State), but what abotu on the ice?

I don't follow hockey as much as I used to. I used to be a HUGE Rangers fan though. Nowadays I try and keep up with the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Lake Erie Monsters (AHL Affiliate of the Blue Jackets that play their home games in Cleveland). Since Ohio finally got a NHL team, I just thought it was appropriate to keep the fanbase within the state lines....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)