The Red Wing 08 - 09 Season Officially Begins

Red Wings vs. Ducks tonight @ Honda Center. Ducks have won 4 in a row and have gotten themselves up off the mat and now are in 2nd place in their division. But tonight it's vs. the RED WINGS!!!! :eek: Here's to a well played and hard fought game. Best of luck.

GO DUCKS!!!!

Ties are just fine during the regular season. 4 on 4 OT is just silly. 5 0n 5, no shoot outs.

I'll go for that !

Keep playing if you don't want ties.
Like Paul said, during the season Ties are OK, I would play 1 OT period and call it a tie if there isn't a winner ... make that Sudden Death btw.

Jimbo

Red Wings vs. Ducks tonight @ Honda Center. Ducks have won 4 in a row and have gotten themselves up off the mat and now are in 2nd place in their division. But tonight it's vs. the RED WINGS!!!! :eek: Here's to a well played and hard fought game. Best of luck.

GO DUCKS!!!!

Another 10 pm game ... ugh.

fwiw, it's on FSN Detroit alternate tonight, not sure about HD, it doesn't say it is, but then again it's an alternate ....Channel 664 in your Directv Guide :D

Jimbo

That was pathetic last night. Once again the refs let the duck thug their way to a victory..
Zets gets his head nearly taken off by a Pronger elbow at the blue line, nothing called.

Then the go ahead goal Kronwall gets clearly dragged down while going to make a play in the corner on the puck which led directly to the goal..Once again the Refs think the fans came to see them have the an outcome in deciding the winner.

As for the YES comment, it is only the 12th game of the season dude, what exactly did you they win last night?

That was pathetic last night. Once again the refs let the duck thug their way to a victory..
Zets gets his head nearly taken off by a Pronger elbow at the blue line, nothing called.

Then the go ahead goal Kronwall gets clearly dragged down while going to make a play in the corner on the puck which led directly to the goal..Once again the Refs think the fans came to see them have the an outcome in deciding the winner.

As for the YES comment, it is only the 12th game of the season dude, what exactly did you they win last night?

Oh, bitter Detroit fan,

Why so bitter? You have the Cup currently. You have the best team in the league? Why lose so bitterly?

I screamed YES! because as I mentioned in the NHL thread the Ducks were in last place in their division last week and searching for an identity. (Stop with the thug remarks!) They took all three Canadian teams on and won then Columbus and now mighty Detroit. It's reason for us to celebrate because we have found our groove for the season now.

I leave in peace now as I choose not to be combatative. You've got the best team around, dude...lighten the f&^k up!!!!! See you in the playoffs again!;)

Bitter? This was a complaint on the way the NHL ruins games. That was a good physical game, then it just became physical, and you won with the help the dirty refs in this league.

Go say YES!!!! in the thread in which you were refering to, that was my point.

I kow we have the best team in the league, hands down, and again we will prove it with another summer of carrying the cup, that changes nothing at this moment. The Ducks continued the thugish play they have grown so accustomed to, and that is fine, but the NHL claims that stuff is not going to go on, yet they continue to let it go.

Hey in the end if that is how the Wings need to play they can, and will, ask the playoff teams last season how it felt getting smacked around both phycically and obviouly skillfully.

I doubt you see us in the playoffs though. I am sure IF you make it, some low level team like Dallas will knock you off. Carry on!!

It was just another loss in a long schedule, but the Wings are skating with targets on their backs, and ref's are taking aim. 17 penalties in the last two games? Three 5 on 3's yesterday? I don't believe I have seen that in the last 10 years. Certainly not called on the Wings, probably not on anyone. I really don't care about a loss at this point of the season, (hell, the real season doesn't begin till the playoffs), but the officiating yesterday was just plain awful. The delay of game penalty in the second period was ridiculous. As for the "thuggish" play, well, the Wings give as good as they get. I just want a fair shake from the ref's.

The Ref inconsistency is just plain bad for the game of hockey.

A friend of mine described the rules of hockey as "merely suggestions". The inconsistency of the calling of penalties is something that always irked me. One set of rules for the first 55 minutes of the game, another set for the for the last 5 minutes. Star players (not named Yzerman) get "kid glove" treatment. Home ice calls, etc...And then the playoffs start and it's yet a whole new criteria for penalties.

Red Wings were gassed last night. 3 games in 4 nights, including all the OT they been playing. No legs left for the Sharks last night, and it showed in the loss.

Well...the Wings pulled out a close one last night but, with the exception of their power play, they still aren't firing on all 8 cylinders IMO. They have the next 5 days off before they play a couple good teams at home: New Jersey and Pittsburgh.

Go Wings!

Well...the Wings pulled out a close one last night but, with the exception of their power play, they still aren't firing on all 8 cylinders IMO. They have the next 5 days off before they play a couple good teams at home: New Jersey and Pittsburgh.

Go Wings!

I agree....there were a few times when they looked to be in sync but still not there...right now we are running on "luck"

Go Wings!

More like those multi-displacement engines! You know 4-6-8 cylinders, depending on demand. Better now, then when the "real season" starts.

Your right Paul....it has been a very long break, hope they have not lost their edge. Well at least the Michigan State - Purdue game will be over before tomorrow nights game begins :)

According to NCAA college basketball prices, there is no recession!

CBS Could lose the NCAA Tournament after 2010

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)