The Reverse Band LNB's are coming!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Now I'm curious if they did make the DSWM-30 with the same spacing as the analog SWMs.

doctor j would know.

What a coincidence...

I was just typing this ...

After some re-evaluation, strike what I stated earlier above ...

I think the input port dimensions of the analog SWiM-8/16/and 32 and the new DSWM-30 are the same. Therefore both the E1 and E1D outlet ports will indeed line up the same and connect to the DSWM-30.

In fact the only difference I see with the new E1D splitter expander is that both sets of its output ports (labeled "F1" and "F3") are power passing, via diode steering, back to the input ports (labeled "F2"). Whereas the E1 is only power passing back to its inputs on 1 of its set of outlet ports (the F3 ones).

So yes, will have to ask doctor j if he bought the entire DSWM60KIT kit and thereby used the E1D or decided to save some bucks and is actually using an old E1on a separately purchased platform in the photo.

I'm pretty sure the former is the case, but I'll let him verify for certain ...

Oh well ...

Just a heads up folks ..

We're almost there for those needing the RB legacy Slimline LNB with NACE Inc. now selling them. But to those who can establish reseller accounts with them unfotunately...

http://northamericancable.com/shopping/prodID.php?pid=4522

However, if you can manage to setup a reseller's account with NACE, you can get it now for pretty cheap of around $35.00 as well as the 95W dish diplexer for slightly less than $12.00 ...

ae1a9fa68b9ec35c78f68d6877d33fb0.jpg

Now I'm curious if they did make the DSWM-30 with the same spacing as the analog SWMs.

doctor j would know.

Just now seeing this.

Yes! SWM 8 and SWM16 line up fine.
Of note WB68 do NOT line up the same

Doctor j

Just now seeing this.

Yes! SWM 8 and SWM16 line up fine.
Of note WB68 do NOT line up the same

Doctor j
What about the question I was discussing with someone back then at the time about the photo you published of your setup earlier in this thread (awaiting the new SL5KRBR0 LNBF).

... In fact the only difference I see with the new E1D splitter expander is that both sets of its output ports (labeled "F1" and "F3") are power passing, via diode steering, back to the input ports (labeled "F2"). Whereas the E1 is only power passing back to its inputs on 1 of its set of outlet ports (the F3 ones).

So yes, will have to ask doctor j if he bought the entire DSWM60KIT kit and thereby used the E1D or decided to save some bucks and is actually using an old E1on a separately purchased platform in the photo.

I'm pretty sure the former is the case, but I'll let him verify for certain ...

What about the question I was discussing with someone back then at the time about the photo you published of your setup earlier in this thread (awaiting the new SL5KRBR0 LNBF).

I bought the entire kit.
The Sonora catalog has different 6 ways but I can't tell the difference from the data sheets
Doctor j

No, the latest version of it is the one in the link to NACE I posted earlier.

The six outlet non-SWiM version of the RB capable Slimline-5 LNB. The model # "SL5KRBR0-01", which "fully" connects (i.e., with all six coax lines) to the DSWM-30 external multiswitch needed mainly by the MDU, Hotel, and lodging industries.

And for those residential installations who need RB capability and the 95W dish (via a special diplexer). And/or need more than the 21 tuner max. support the 2nd gen. digital SWIM LNBs can provide.

No, the latest version of it is the one in the link to NACE I posted earlier.

The six outlet non-SWiM version of the RB capable Slimline-5 LNB. The model # "SL5KRBR0-01", which "fully" connects (i.e., with all six coax lines) to the DSWM-30 external multiswitch needed mainly by the MDU, Hotel, and lodging industries.

And for those residential installations who need RB capability and the 95W dish (via a special diplexer). And/or need more than the 21 tuner max. support the 2nd gen. digital SWIM LNBs can provide.

Please explain a bit on the residential SWiM install. I really do not want to run 5 more cables to where my distribution is just so I can add my 95W dish. Is there a product that will prevent this, or is this something still in the works? Not trying to sound ignorant here, but the folks over at DirecTV have seem to made things difficult. We went from the legacy LNB to SWiM and now it seems that we are going backwards. I understand the setup with the new SL5KRBR0-01, just need a SWiM setup.

Thank you for information if someone has it.

Please explain a bit on the residential SWiM install. I really do not want to run 5 more cables to where my distribution is just so I can add my 95W dish. Is there a product that will prevent this, or is this something still in the works? Not trying to sound ignorant here, but the folks over at DirecTV have seem to made things difficult. We went from the legacy LNB to SWiM and now it seems that we are going backwards. I understand the setup with the new SL5KRBR0-01, just need a SWiM setup.

Thank you for information if someone has it.
Well, ... even though I don't need the 95W dish I certainly understand your pain.

Back when we were speculating on DIRECTV's solution for integrating the Reverse Band with 95W dish installations, many were hoping (for the sake of residential installs) a better solution than diplexing one coax run into another one (the fifth) of six other coax runs from a six outlet legacy LNB to a DSWM-30 external multiswitch..

But unfortunately that's the only choice DIRECTV came up with and this solution is even more geared for the sake of the MDU/Hotel and lodging markets than the current method where the increase in extra cabling will be mostly inconsequential to those.

And it's just a bit of "too bad" then for the (comparatively) few residential installs who will need RB and the 95W dish.

Anyway, see the following document for a good summation of the future in this area ...

View attachment Multiswitch White Paper 2017.pdf

Reactions: sswheeler
I was told last spring by someone in position to know that Directv's plan was to begin using reverse band in Q3 2018. They still haven't released the "regular" legacy reverse band LNB (which he had told me was scheduled for last June) so if they're behind their original schedule that Q3 2018 date might slip (unless it is based on unannounced plans for HBO4K, ESPN4K or whatever) Having the AK/HI version in WNC's catalog doesn't mean they have made their way to installers yet. It will take months for all the 4K customers in MDUs, with large installs, or in AK/HI to be upgraded before they can begin using reverse band.

Reverse band will be used for 4K only, they don't have much of a choice. Think about it, if they put some new HD channels there they'd have a bunch of people wondering why they couldn't tune that channel, and needing to install new LNBs for them. It is easier to keep it 4K only even though that means there will be a lot of unused transponders for years. When they originally applied for the licenses, the plan stated in their FCC application was to use it for 3D channels :)

I was told last spring by someone in position to know that Directv's plan was to begin using reverse band in Q3 2018. They still haven't released the "regular" legacy reverse band LNB (which he had told me was scheduled for last June) so if they're behind their original schedule that Q3 2018 date might slip (unless it is based on unannounced plans for HBO4K, ESPN4K or whatever) ... :)

Do you know if they'll actually re-purpose the sats at 101 for HD or a mix of HD/SD around 2019?

Do you know if they'll actually re-purpose the sats at 101 for HD or a mix of HD/SD around 2019?
No, ...

While there's been a lot of good speculation. No one really knows for sure what DIRECTV plans to do with their Ku band licenses at 101W, 110W, and 119W after the 2019 SD shutdown.

The Ku band is so much more reliable. It would be such a waste for them to just not use it...

I wonder what technical modifications they would need on the ground to make the MPEG-4 transition. I don't think its as simple as an encoder swap.

Guaranteed Directv will continue to use 101, we just don't know for sure what they'll be using it for. Stuart Sweet keeps saying Directv plans to abandon 119 after the MPEG2 shutdown but it isn't clear if that was something he heard officially from Directv or he's guessing.

The D7S satellite at 119 is getting old, though they would have other options if they wanted to keep using 119. I can't see them continuing with 110, three transponders isn't worth the trouble - and it hasn't been used in the US for years anyway.

It would be easier for them to drop 110/119 and have everyone use an SL3, but that would mean Dish (eventually) getting the use of those transponders. Maybe Directv doesn't care about that anymore, or they've made some deal with them over that we aren't aware of.

It would be easier for them to drop 110/119 and have everyone use an SL3, but that would mean Dish (eventually) getting the use of those transponders. Maybe Directv doesn't care about that anymore, or they've made some deal with them over that we aren't aware of.

As was suggested some time back, it would seem to be a pretty logical and even swap if DIRECTV would give Dish their 14 Ku licenses at 110/119 in exchange for Dish relinquishing their claim on the Reverse Band at 103W.

But again, that's all speculation of course...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts