The Reverse Band LNB's are coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So this will allow access to the International channels on the 95 along with the 4k .... this is a good thing.
Correct ... to fully summarize ...

Coax lines #1-4 from the new RB legacy LNB are the same Ka/Ku frequency stacks as always.

Coax line #5 - Carries RB circular pol. even tps. from 99W between 250-650 MHz; 95W WD dish linear pol. even tps. between 950-1450 MHz (to be diplexed in if necessary); RB circular pol. even tps. from 103W between 1650-2050 MHz

(Line 5 receives an 18v nom. DC control voltage supplied by DSWM-30 multiswitch).

Coax line #6 - Carries RB circular pol. odd tps. from 99W between 250-650 MHz; the 950-1450 MHz spectrum is vacant; and the RB circular pol. odd tps. are from 103W between 1650-2050 MHz

(Strangely, line 6 also receives an 18v nom. DC control voltage from the DSWM-30 multiswitch, but it's DC blocked at the LNB port. That is to say, LNB port 6 is effectively at 0v and is for signals only).

Actually the diplexer is already available, from NACE at least.

http://www.northamericancable.com/shopping/prodID.php?pid=4395

Though you have to setup an account to see prices from them.

It's the LNB itself that's the only holdup now ...

Ok, I hope I am reading this right and when I looked at NACE website for that diplexor, to me, if I am looking at this correctly, I can use the SL5RB, which I already have, and the World Direct LNB, which I also already have and provisioned for my account, I would just be able to use this diplexer to bring my World Direct back online on the SWIM system? Sorry if this reads like garbage, but I am just basically trying to find out if this diplexer will do the job.
Thanks

I doubt you have an SL5RBLNB.
As far as I know they have been announced but not publically released.
If you do have one you would be the first!
The SL5RB LNB has 6 wire outputs.
You likely have a 5D2RBLNB which does 4 K but is a SWM LNB with only one output.

Doctor j

You likely have a 5D2RBLNB which does 4 K but is a SWM LNB with only one output.

Doctor j
+1 ...

Look carefully at the LNB you have ...

Does it look like these with 6 outlets? ...

d99236cdb7adf4659f3a15018ca8377f.jpg
8df335ffc583735be16a2db465efc063.jpg

Doctor j

My mistake. I do have the 5D2RBLNB as you have stated. So, does this diplexer work for this LNB or does it have to be the non released new one? Thank you for correcting me.

BTW ... for anyone who setup an account at NACE.

Curious, what was their price for the WD diplexer?

I never bothered setting up an account as I have no need for the diplexer.

Thats the price for the diplexor ?
Whats the price for the LNB ?
Unknown, since it hasn't been released yet for distribution ...

Whatever the case though, it will naturally vary greatly from the e-bay sellers to the official third-party retailers like Solid Signal.

Unknown, since it hasn't been released yet for distribution ...

Whatever the case though, it will naturally vary greatly from the e-bay sellers to the official third-party retailers like Solid Signal.
Understandable....
I wouldn't think it would be much more than the 3 version.

Check out Sonora's new RB legacy splitter. They are calling the new lnbf the "SL6".

Which I guess kinda makes sense since they are adding another block converter.
Yeah ...

We've known about that kit for a pretty good while now ...

In a photo of his elaborate setup (awaiting the new LNB of course) posted earlier in this thread by doctor j, he has one feeding two DSWM-30 multiswitches (one inverted) ...

I also thought Sonora's designation of "SL6" for the new LNB isn't really accurate. Since the final digit in the "SL-X" LNB nomenclature is supposed to refer to the number of satellite positions it can see.

Which in the case of new SL-5 RB legacy LNB would still be 5, not 6.

Yeah ...

We've known about that kit for a pretty good while now ...

In a photo of his elaborate setup (awaiting the new LNB of course) posted earlier in this thread by doctor j, he has one feeding two DSWM-30 multiswitches (one inverted) ...

I couldn't tell the difference between the old SDSWM-E1 and the newer SDSWM-E1D from that pic and I don't see any previous mention of it.

I also thought Sonora's designation of "SL6" for the new LNB isn't really accurate. Since the final digit in the "SL-X" LNB nomenclature is supposed to refer to the number of satellite positions it can see.

Which in the case of new SL-5 RB legacy LNB would still be 5, not 6.

Kind of a silly mistake for a company that's been designing stuff for DTV for years but then again marketers aren't the sharpest bowling balls in the shed...

I couldn't tell the difference between the old SDSWM-E1 and the newer SDSWM-E1D from that pic and I don't see any previous mention of it.

Kind of a silly mistake for a company that's been designing stuff for DTV for years but then again marketers aren't the sharpest bowling balls in the shed...
I don't think there is much marketing on commercial products regarding their looks.

I couldn't tell the difference between the old SDSWM-E1 and the newer SDSWM-E1D from that pic and I don't see any previous mention of it. ....

I don't think the 6 input ports of the old analog SWM-8 and -16s multiswitches line up exactly the same as the new DSWM-30.

So the DSWM-30 probably wouldn't even fit the older E1's splitter expander ports.

I don't think the 6 input ports of the old analog SWM-8 and -16s multiswitches line up exactly the same as the new DSWM-30.

So the DSWM-30 probably wouldn't even fit the older E1's splitter expander ports.

Now I'm curious if they did make the DSWM-30 with the same spacing as the analog SWMs.

doctor j would know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts