The Reverse Band LNB's are coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A swm reverse band lnb and a swm16 switch? How is that possible?

The SWiM-16, along with a legacy SL-5 LNB, is what the poster had before the 4K upgrade. Both of those are gone now.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk
Gotcha. His post confused me.

And based on the xpndr survey map included in that Edgecutter document, it appears the future legacy Reverse Band LNBF will almost certainly be a six output design with the down-converted bands positioned on the lines to a new DSWM2 external multiswitch thusly ...

uploadfromtaptalk1461433492328.png

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Hey Guys

I just wanted to confirm something. I got my new RB LNB ready to install but I wanted to make sure by re running satellite setup it doesn't trigger IV (installation verification). I passed it when I setup the dish no problem but I don't want to have to re dither when I am by my self. I checked my signal and it's fantastic but 99c lowest is 79. I will fix that in the future but I really want to install this LNB. Everything I have found tells me that IV is only for activation and will not happen again but I would love a confirmation.

Thanks in advance. :)

IMG_0016.JPG

Awaiting an SL5RB LNB

Doctor j

Swap it out. You will be fine.

Verification only happens on initial activation.

Thanks so much. I am excited to swap it out now.
I had one last question about the swap. Will I even need to re run satellite setup, or will it auto detect on its boot up?
Thanks again for your help. I was searching everywhere about this.

Have a great night. :)

Where'd you get those cables and SL5RB?
I wanna taste the rainbow too.
I make all my cables with Belden 1694a coax. 10 color choices:)

Doctor j

Where'd you get those cables and SL5RB?
I wanna taste the rainbow too.

I make all my cables with Belden 1694a coax. 10 color choices:)

Doctor j

And there is no release for the SL5RB LNB yet .... Which next to the DSWM-30 is at the heart of the installation of course.

It was supposed to be sometime in the 3rd quarter of which we are now in the final month of. So we'll see ...

And there is no release for the SL5RB LNB yet .... Which next to the DSWM-30 is at the heart of the installation of course.

It was supposed to be sometime in the 3rd quarter of which we are now in the final month of. So we'll see ...

Yep, I am waiting on this LNB and the World Direct Diplexor which was supposed to be out in the same timeframe. Still no word on availability.

Reactions: goaliebob99
I haven't heard about this one, elaborate please ... :)
Unlike the standard 4 "trunk" lines of a legacy Slimline Ka/Ku LNB (i.e. the non-SWiM type). The two additional Reverse Band coax outputs of the new 6 outlet RB legacy version (whenever it becomes available) has no signals in the Ku down-converted frequency range of 950-1450 MHz.

This allows spectrum space for the 95W dish LNB output, which uses that same freq. range, to be "diplexed" onto the 5th (which carries the RB even num. transponders) coax line to the DSWM-30 multiswitch.

Of course you need a diplexer to do this which is the model "WD-DIPLEXER-09" as in the link to NACE I posted.

Unlike the standard 4 "trunk" lines of a legacy Slimline Ka/Ku LNB (i.e. the non-SWiM type). The two additional Reverse Band coax outputs of the new 6 outlet RB legacy version (whenever it becomes available) has no signals in the Ku down-converted frequency range of 950-1450 MHz.

This allows spectrum space for the 95W dish LNB output, which uses that same freq. range, to be "diplexed" onto the 5th (which carries the RB even num. transponders) coax line to the DSWM-30 multiswitch.

Of course you need a diplexer to do this which is the model "WD-DIPLEXER-09" as in the link to NACE I posted.
So this will allow access to the International channels on the 95 along with the 4k .... this is a good thing.

Reactions: goaliebob99
Status
Please reply by conversation.