The Reverse Band LNB's are coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As a DTV tech I just installed my first RBLNB + HR54 + 4k Client today. RB wont be used for another few months. Also was told to not use RBLNBs until later this month but well I'm of the believe that if your getting a 4k client may as well go all the way. Ch 104 looks great. Looks like just random programs on it right now. 105 and 106 didn't have any programming while doing the install.

As a DTV tech I just installed my first RBLNB + HR54 + 4k Client today. RB wont be used for another few months. Also was told to not use RBLNBs until later this month but well I'm of the believe that if your getting a 4k client may as well go all the way. Ch 104 looks great. Looks like just random programs on it right now. 105 and 106 didn't have any programming while doing the install.

I had my Reverse Band LnB installed last Friday. It took my installer 2.5 hrs on the phone to figure out how to get a work order through DirecTv system for it. He finally found someone who knew how to do it. Scanned it in, put it up and away we go.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
The pbi rev3 just went into testing, sites didn't get them yet so the won't leak to ebay for a while.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if I'll eventually need to replace my ebay purchase - i.e. if my 3D2RBLNBR0-01 will be deemed a "pilot" only, and not "live"

Not a huge deal if so - I'll probably buy a 2nd one anyway to avoid having to rerun satellite setup when i use my tailgating rig (which has a vanilla 3LNB SWM).

If anyone could confirm i **won't** need to rerun sat setup switching between 2 similar RB LNBs, I would be in your debt. Thanks.

I'm wondering if I'll eventually need to replace my ebay purchase - i.e. if my 3D2RBLNBR0-01 will be deemed a "pilot" only, and not "live"

Not a huge deal if so - I'll probably buy a 2nd one anyway to avoid having to rerun satellite setup when i use my tailgating rig (which has a vanilla 3LNB SWM).

If anyone could confirm i **won't** need to rerun sat setup switching between 2 similar RB LNBs, I would be in your debt. Thanks.
You shouldn't need to ...

But then again, there is only one RB model in circulation now anyway. The WNC 3D2RBLNBR0-01 you have now.

There's another 3D2RB type mfr.by PBI that's coming later called the 3D2LNBR0-02 I believe. But that one shouldn't reqiure a setup rerun either since it's still going Reverse Band 3 LNB ----> Reverse Band 3 LNB.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Thanks HoTat2 - so people are getting 3D2RBLNBR0-01's off the truck legitimately today? If so, that's great news.

I find this interesting as I have yet to talk to any of the guys in my garage that even knows what a RB Lnb is.

I think the ATT guys are kinda behind the 8 ball on most Directv things. The training they got in my area was from when the 34 launched. They've told me about all the issues they was told about and they're all when the 34 was first launched. We've had the RB's on our trucks for 2 weeks now.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I think the ATT guys are kinda behind the 8 ball on most Directv things. The training they got in my area was from when the 34 launched. They've told me about all the issues they was told about and they're all when the 34 was first launched. We've had the RB's on our trucks for 2 weeks now.
That doesn't surprise me ...
I have a few guys I'm trying to let know what's going on ....
The majority of our guys are doing strictly installs.

No surprise with me either knowing AT&T the way they operate and train people is confusing and hurts their view and their business...imo

I find this interesting as I have yet to talk to any of the guys in my garage that even knows what a RB Lnb is.
Noticed that it's listed in upfront now for ordering but can't select a quantity yet.

We're doing repairs but only for the jobs we've installed.

I get my RB LNB installed Saturday!!
Hey White, new here. DTV has no clue about the new reverse band LNB. Do I need it now, is it difficult to install, and which one to order here from Sattelite Guys. This is the only place to get correct DTV info.
Thanks,
Carter
Oh, I have HR 54, 2 C 61s, 4K LG OLED TV, 4K Sony 43 inch TV and Yamaha 3050 AV reciever with HDCP 2.2, and HDMI 2.0a.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)