The Reverse Band LNB's are coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My Directv 4K install just completed an hour ago. HR54, 1 C61K, 1 non-4k client. The installer also put in a reverse band LNB. He told me they just got them in and mine was his first install.

My Directv 4K install just completed an hour ago. HR54, 1 C61K, 1 non-4k client. The installer also put in a reverse band LNB. He told me they just got them in and mine was his first install.
Just to make sure the tech. wasn't mistaking the LNB with a 3D2 or something. Do you see the 99(cr) and 103(cr) signal screens in the setup and what are the readings on them? ...

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Just to make sure the tech. wasn't mistaking the LNB with a 3D2 or something. Do you see the 99(cr) and 103(cr) signal screens in the setup and what are the readings on them? ...

Sorry, but I don't know where/how to do that. This is brand new to me.

Sorry, but I don't know where/how to do that. This is brand new to me.
On the HR54;

From the Menu go into "Settings & Help"------> "Settings"------> "Satellite" ------> "View Signal Strength" -----> Confirm by pressing the dash " - " button on the remote ------> Use the "Satellite -/+ " buttons until you reach the "99(cr)" and "103(cr)" signal level screens and post back what you see.

You should find 4 active transponders with various level numbers for 99(cr). And 103(cr) should be all 18 transponders at zero if a Reverse Band LNB is indeed installed.

On the HR54;

From the Menu go into "Settings & Help"------> "Settings"------> "Satellite" ------> "View Signal Strength" -----> Confirm by pressing the dash " - " button on the remote ------> Use the "Satellite -/+ " buttons until you reach the "99(cr)" and "103(cr)" signal level screens and post back what you see.

You should find 4 active transponders with various level numbers for 99(cr). And 103(cr) should be all 18 transponders at zero if a Reverse Band LNB is indeed installed.

You could be right. I see 99(ca), 99(cb), and 99(s) but no 99(cr). Same for 103(s), 103(ca) and 103(cb).

You could be right. I see 99(ca), 99(cb), and 99(s) but no 99(cr). Same for 103(s), 103(ca) and 103(cb).
Well actually it still could be a Reverse Band LNB installed and the tech. simply forgot to rerun the satellite setup on the Genie after installing the new LNB.

As that is needed for the new RB signal screens to appear. Can you go into the satellite setup and see what LNB type it displays?

Same navigation procedure as before, except this time select "Repeat Satellite Setup" instead of "View Signal Strength."

So are the "test" RBs going to stay in the field or will they have to be replaced as had been suggested? I bought one off eBay but never installed it because of that.

They are not going to be replaced, and I have no dates on the 5, but I just got the pbi or eagle aspen rev3 lnb for testing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
You mean this is another 5 LNB Reverse Band model and a 3rd revision?

Any idea what happened to the 2nd revision?

No reread that. Rev 5 is wnc only. Rev 3 is wnc and pbi and a 3rd.

Ok, sorry for coming off like a dolt here, but still not quite understanding.

So to take it from the top, it began with two WNC Reverse Band types;

3D2RBLNBR0-01 and 5D2RBLNBR0-01

And both these would be "Revision 0" (for the "R0 " in the above numbers).

So now what's new or have changed since these?

The manufacturer, wnc produced both of those. There are two other manufacturers for the rev3 lnb, but no pictures have been leaked yet.. **que scott**. The next manufacturer for the reverse 3 is pbi. Who some may know as eagle aspen. As of now wnc is the only manufacturer for the reverse 5. But the only known reverse 5 in the wild is mine, so who knows. What I can tell you is wnc is the only company that signed on to produce the reverse 5 as of december.

On the HR54;

Well actually it still could be a Reverse Band LNB installed and the tech. simply forgot to rerun the satellite setup on the Genie after installing the new LNB.

As that is needed for the new RB signal screens to appear. Can you go into the satellite setup and see what LNB type it displays?

Same navigation procedure as before, except this time select "Repeat Satellite Setup" instead of "View Signal Strength."

Correct Again. Thank you.

Initial Satellite Setup screen reported Slimline-3DR (DSWM2). So I let the Satellite Setup continue. After completion, View Signal Strength screen now shows both 99(cr) and 103(cr) with 4 active transponders for 99(cr) and all 18 transponders at zero for 103(cr).

Reactions: Jimbo and alnielsen
The manufacturer, wnc produced both of those. There are two other manufacturers for the rev3 lnb, but no pictures have been leaked yet.. **que scott**. The next manufacturer for the reverse 3 is pbi. Who some may know as eagle aspen. As of now wnc is the only manufacturer for the reverse 5. But the only known reverse 5 in the wild is mine, so who knows. What I can tell you is wnc is the only company that signed on to produce the reverse 5 as of december.

Do these new LNB look different that the old non RB ones ?

Slightly, there are pictures floating around here of both wnc models, and the wnc reverse 3 leaked to ebay. No one leaked the pbi pictures yet but it looks alot different than the wnc

Slightly, there are pictures floating around here of both wnc models, and the wnc reverse 3 leaked to ebay. No one leaked the pbi pictures yet but it looks alot different than the wnc

So then the one that is only "slightly" different from the WNC Reverse 3 LNB is by the third unsepcified manufacturer. And the one by PBI is "alot" different looking than the WNC Reverse 3?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts