Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Slightly, there are pictures floating around here of both wnc models, and the wnc reverse 3 leaked to ebay. No one leaked the pbi pictures yet but it looks alot different than the wnc

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I saw an LNB when at a training course (not for D*) that I had never seen before, I wish I had thought about taking pictures when I was there.
I have No Idea what it is suppose to be for ... it was on the normal base, but was much smaller, it was only 1 lnb, and it was almost pointed ....

Seeing I was the only one there than knew anything about the D* stuff that was there, there was no sense in asking.
It was definitely a room att was using for D* training ...

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
uploadfromtaptalk1458789348695.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: whitewolf8214

HoTat2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 12, 2012
Los Angeles, CA.
Yep, the WD service at 95W uses this, a standard 11.7-12.2 GHz Ku-band linear (Horiz pol.) LNBF.
L.O. 10.750 GHz.

Always interesting how the longer dimension of the feedhorn-waveguide assembly of a linear LNBF is at right angles to the electrical polarization it receives. Therefore, in this case the pointiness is on the longer vertical part of the shape, yet the wavefront it receives is horizontal or in line with the shorter part of the shape.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

videojanitor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 3, 2008
I bought a reverse band LNB off eBay (3D2LNBR0-02) as I needed a SWM LNB anyway so I figured I'd just get one of these. I had it connected to an HR21 and it worked fine. Yesterday I replaced that machine with an HR54, and while the LNB works, it appears that it is mis-identified in the setup process -- the HR21 identified it as "21: Slimline-3D2R" while the HR54 IDs it as "20: Slimline-3D2." I have gone through the "repeat satellite setup" steps a number of times, with the same result. The (r) transponders do not appear, though they did appear on the HR21. The HR54 is now the only thing in the system connected directly to the LNB -- no splitter or power inserter. It is running 0xb23 software.

Any ideas?

HoTat2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 12, 2012
Los Angeles, CA.
I bought a reverse band LNB off eBay (3D2LNBR0-02) as I needed a SWM LNB anyway so I figured I'd just get one of these. I had it connected to an HR21 and it worked fine. Yesterday I replaced that machine with an HR54, and while the LNB works, it appears that it is mis-identified in the setup process -- the HR21 identified it as "21: Slimline-3D2R" while the HR54 IDs it as "20: Slimline-3D2." I have gone through the "repeat satellite setup" steps a number of times, with the same result. The (r) transponders do not appear, though they did appear on the HR21. The HR54 is now the only thing in the system connected directly to the LNB -- no splitter or power inserter. It is running 0xb23 software.

Any ideas?

Carefully check the model number on the LNB again, as that number you posted is not a Reverse Band capable one.

The Reverse Band one should be a WNC 3D2RBLNBR0-01. Notice the "RB" in the character string for it.

The model number you posted is for a non-Reverse Band LNB mfr. by PBI meaning for some strange reason the HR21 was the one in error.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

videojanitor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 3, 2008
D'oh! Well, I am officially an idiot. It appears as though I did not read the eBay description close enough. You are absolutely correct in that this is NOT a Reverse Band LNB. Thought maybe I was taken for a ride, but just went back and read the seller's description, and I did not see the phrase "reverse band" in there. I was looking at several listings, and guess I chose the wrong one. Oh well ... I don't need that capability at this time.

As for why the HR21 saw it, as I recall, in the satellite setup I was able to *manually* change it to whatever I wanted, so I selected 3D2R, thinking that's what I had. It worked, so I didn't give it a second thought. Well, lesson learned. Thanks for the response.

maestro7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 7, 2008
You folks that want to wait 3-5 years probably buy green bananas too.
There are no guarantees in life. :)
I will tell you what is a guarantee when it comes to 4K.

It will require multi-million-dollar re-investments for most broadcasters to achieve 4K in terms of both bandwidth and facilities.

You see, right now, virtually all US-based broadcasters are at 720p/1080i. Even if they were to merely upgrade to 1080p, it would require a relatively significant outlay of money to do so; this is by no means a "flip a bit" software issue to turn on or off.

On top of this, we are still a few years away from all standards (think VHS versus Beta) being worked out. Don't get me wrong, we're closer now than we were a few years ago, but this is still a factor. Also, don't forget that HD got hoisted relatively quickly on the scene because the feds mandated a date-certain change from analog to digital for OTA broadcasts; don't expect the same to happen for 4K.

Therefore, this is why you'll see content much more quickly from specialized broadcasters such as Audience or Sports -- after all, getting a 4K camera is the least of anyone's headaches (even my DJI Phantom 3 Pro drone can broadcast to Youtube in 4K/30fps) -- than you will see from the alphabet soup networks.

4K will come, and with it, so will 8K (which cinematographers are already playing with). It's just not going to be as fast in getting here as HD.

AZ.

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 26, 2011
crazy
I will tell you what is a guarantee when it comes to 4K.

It will require multi-million-dollar re-investments for most broadcasters to achieve 4K in terms of both bandwidth and facilities.

You see, right now, virtually all US-based broadcasters are at 720p/1080i. Even if they were to merely upgrade to 1080p, it would require a relatively significant outlay of money to do so; this is by no means a "flip a bit" software issue to turn on or off.

On top of this, we are still a few years away from all standards (think VHS versus Beta) being worked out. Don't get me wrong, we're closer now than we were a few years ago, but this is still a factor. Also, don't forget that HD got hoisted relatively quickly on the scene because the feds mandated a date-certain change from analog to digital for OTA broadcasts; don't expect the same to happen for 4K.

Therefore, this is why you'll see content much more quickly from specialized broadcasters such as Audience or Sports -- after all, getting a 4K camera is the least of anyone's headaches (even my DJI Phantom 3 Pro drone can broadcast to Youtube in 4K/30fps) -- than you will see from the alphabet soup networks.

4K will come, and with it, so will 8K (which cinematographers are already playing with). It's just not going to be as fast in getting here as HD.

Yep all that is very true......But the movie industry is moving at lighting speed to get there 4k movies out!
Look at every week how many older movies are being released?.....Its an easy move for Hollywood, so I would say streaming wise, there way faster than HD was....

texasbrit

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Apr 12, 2006
Not "in the wild" yet, but there's no panic. It could be months before you need reverse band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts