The Rise and Fall of FM America

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dslmoc

Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
new york
The title says it all. Does anyone out there have a digital copy of this old audio file from the late 80's about FMA and Keith Lamonica? Someone else on this forum had like 5 out of 11 or 12 parts of an MP3 that they sent me, but I'm still trying to find the entire file. Thanks!

Wow I would love to hear that also. Keith and Chuck Dawson had some good battles between FMA and K-SAT. I started following Keith Lamonoica and Chuck Dawson in 85 right about the time HBO started test scrambling. Then in the summer of 86 a third TVRO station came on the air with North America One.

Sent from my Z932L using the SatelliteGuys app!

I'd like a copy of these shows too. Hopefully someone reading this has a set that they can share. Does anyone know if Chuck Dawson still lives in Coralles, NM?

The title says it all. Does anyone out there have a digital copy of this old audio file from the late 80's about FMA and Keith Lamonica? Someone else on this forum had like 5 out of 11 or 12 parts of an MP3 that they sent me, but I'm still trying to find the entire file. Thanks!

My God, I haven't heard Keith Lamonica mentioned in decades. Do you remember the guy in Florida that locked on HBO's transponder and shut them down for while by transmitting a dead carrier on the same frequency? You may also remember the "Crockamouthouscanaryasses" Tee Shirts that were available then. May not be the exact spelling. :) Those were interesting days.

Nice to see someone who remembers some of the stuff that was going on back then. I remember FM America well. Wish I had recorded it myself.

The guy you were thinking of is Captain Midnight. Happened in April of 1986 when he jammed HBO signal and movie Falcon and the snowman. I too wonder where Keith Lamonica and Chuck Dawson are. The good old tvro days was awesome and as crazy as it sounds will never ever be replaced.

Sent from my Z932L using the SatelliteGuys app!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)