The Road to Super Bowl XLV: The 2010-11 NFL Playoffs

It's funny but I was talking about this with my daughter this morning. She was pissed when Cromartie did the shhhh thing with his finger when he ran back the onside kick, and when Greene used the football as a pillow prop when he scored the touchdown........but you know what I told her?
I remember certain Patriots doing the same thing in Pittsburgh after BOTH AFCCG and in San Diego after the Pats beat the Chargers in Jan. '07.

Moral of the story............If you want to dish it out.........well, you know the rest.

Besides, like I said last night, the Jets came in here with a superior gameplan and whooped the Pats arse all over Gillette. Deal with it and move on, Deion!

The celebration stuff is no one but the NFL fault. Thanks to a bunch of old guys running the league....hence the No Fun League.

When someone gets hurt, don't come crying to me!

Sandra (going into her dad mode). The problem is...I was always the one getting hurt!

When someone gets hurt, don't come crying to me!

Sandra (going into her dad mode). The problem is...I was always the one getting hurt!

Didn't that one midget kicker from Tampa Bay pull a ligament in his leg when doing celebratory acrobatics once? Braylon should be careful.

t7z9dz.jpg

Patriots are awful in the post season after the whole spygate thing

did Brady shake anyone's hand? They had the camera on him but he seemed alone and headed to the locker. He must have gotten his hair messed up and it upset him. I am not sure how though with that thing he was wearing. Bellicheat did show good sportsmanship it seems.

Looks like the same pattern I pointed out last week held serve. The team that rushes more than the other wins the game. Simple, yet true. In EVERY single playoff game thus far....

Chicago: 176yds
Seattle: 34

Pittsburgh: 71yds
Baltimore: 35

Green Bay: 96yds
Atlanta: 45

NYJ:120yds
New England: 113

Run the ball and play D has won championships for a long time now. :up

I love the Packers over the Bears in the NFCCG (in fact, I now like the Pack to win it all). However, I have a feeling I'm going to flip-flop all week in the AFC.

IMO, NYJ-PIT is one of the toughest playoff games to call in recent memory. I have no idea which way to go on this one.

This game will be won in the trenches, whoever wins the line of scrimmage will win this game and advance.

I think those that dance and what not (taunt) in the endzone, should get a delay of game penalty enforced on the kickoff.
I was just watching the Jets player PRETEND to take a NAP ..... Sheeeeesh .... Act like you've been there before.
Oh wait, maybe he hasn't.

It's one thing to celebrate with your teammates, but what he did was showboating, basically taunting the other team.

did Brady shake anyone's hand? They had the camera on him but he seemed alone and headed to the locker. He must have gotten his hair messed up and it upset him. I am not sure how though with that thing he was wearing. Bellicheat did show good sportsmanship it seems.

Brady never shakes anyones hand after they play the Jets. And they talk about Jet players not having class.

Interesting note: Rex Ryan has now been to THREE consecutive AFC Championships. Woah.

'08-'09- Baltimore DC (Lost to Pitt)
'09-'10- Jets HC (Lost to Indy)
'10-'11- Jets HC (TBD?)

I think those that dance and what not (taunt) in the endzone, should get a delay of game penalty enforced on the kickoff.
I was just watching the Jets player PRETEND to take a NAP ..... Sheeeeesh .... Act like you've been there before.
Oh wait, maybe he hasn't.

It's one thing to celebrate with your teammates, but what he did was showboating, basically taunting the other team.
:confused: They did get penalized for using the ball as a pillow. And, tell Deion Branch to keep his mouth shut. What was with the talking to the Jets sideline? That's not taunting?? Act like you've been there before.
Oh wait, maybe he has.

Sitting Welker was a bad move that really only came back to haunt them because they didn't score right away. You could see he was pissed standing on the sideline, and the team had to be affected because one of their best weapons wasn't playing. And, wasn't it hypocritical of Belichick to bench (not start) Welker for the first series, but have him return the opening kickoff??

And, wasn't it hypocritical of Belichick to bench (not start) Welker for the first series, but have him return the opening kickoff??

I have NEVER understood sitting someone for a couple of plays or a half. I would think you sit his a$$ for the entire game. What does sitting for a series, a quarter or a half accomplish. Yeah he REALLY 'learned a lesson' ...:rolleyes: You know what Welker did when he found out about being "sat" for whatever time it was...? :haha:haha:haha:haha:haha AND gave the coach the finger when he was not looking...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts