The Road to SuperBowl XLIV: The Official 2010 NFL Playoffs Thread

Ah, all the whining if Mike Vick leaves prison and gets a Super Bowl ring, so awesome.

I don't see the Chargers being stopped in the AFC, and the NFC teams seem to be very Jekyll and Hyde aside from the Eagles. A Chargers-Cowboys matchup could be fun.

Ah, all the whining if Mike Vick leaves prison and gets a Super Bowl ring, so awesome.

I don't see the Chargers being stopped in the AFC, and the NFC teams seem to be very Jekyll and Hyde aside from the Eagles. A Chargers-Cowboys matchup could be fun.

I could not stand two of the teams I dislike the most playing each other.....:shh

EDIT: Yeah seeing Vick win a possible ring would drive alot of people bat sh** mad! LOL!

I don't mind the Chargers too much, Rivers is the only reason I've grown to hate them, they're such a passive rival until he gets that smug look on his face and then you want to just hit him or something.

Wildcard Weekend schedule:

Saturday...........

4:30pm ET- Green Bay at Arizona (my guess) OR NY Jets/Houston at Cincinnati (NBC)

8:15pm ET- Baltimore at New England (my guess) OR Green Bay at Arizona (NBC)

Sunday.....................

1:00pm ET- Philadelphia at Dallas (FOX)

4:30pm ET- NY Jets/Houston at Cincinnati (my guess) OR Baltimore at New England (CBS)

Last edited:
Ravens/Patriots will be interesting to watch.

Their 2007 game was thrilling theatre.

Their game this year was a hard-fought battle.

The trilogy awaits...

Ravens/Patriots will be interesting to watch.

Their 2007 game was thrilling theatre.

Their game this year was a hard-fought battle.

The trilogy awaits...

With all the success both of these franchises have had this decade, it's amazing that this is their first ever playoff meeting!

This now leaves Buffalo, Cincinnati, Houston and Kansas City as the only AFC teams that the Pats haven't met in the postseason.

Vikes, after sending a huge package 20 years ago, (Herschel Walker trade) send another huge package to Dallas so they get a bye next week :)

Here are my predictions for the Wildcard schedule

Saturday
4:30 ET on NBC- Jets/Texans vs. Bengals
7:15 ET on NBC- Packers vs. Cardinals

Sunday

1:00 ET on Fox- Eagles/Cowboys
3:30 ET on CBS- Ravens/Patriots

I believe that CBS is going to go with Baltimore and New England as the Sunday late game. Their earlier matchup drew an 11.9 for a noon start; I think their rematch in a prime slot will draw great numbers.

The Patriots have a 12 game home playoff winning streak on the line against the Ravens.

The Pats last home playoff loss was Dec. 31, 1978 against the Earl Campbell-led Houston Oilers in Foxboro.

Sorry Bill . . . Wes Welker torn ACL and MCL . . . Pats are done!

Source: New England Patriots' Wes Welker tears ACL, MCL - ESPN Boston
I

Without Welker- far and away the Pat's MVP this season- it will certainly be difficult.

But I'm not ready to call it a season just yet.

Will this hurt Randy Moss? Of course it will. But, the Pats do have other options
(impressive rookie Julian Edelman, TE's Ben Watson and Chris Baker and backs Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, Laurence Maroney and Kevin Faulk).

No ONE player can replace a Wes Welker, but over the years, Brady has been a master of spreading the ball around.

Belichick should have NEVER played Welker today.

He should have sat him out ala Brees.
I disagree that he should have sat out the entire game.

Besides, as Rey has correctly pointed out, Welker's injury could have happened during a no contact practice drill.

I didn't have a problem with Belichick playing his starters for a few series anyway. What I DID have a problem with was Brady playing in the second half.

With all the success both of these franchises have had this decade, it's amazing that this is their first ever playoff meeting!

This now leaves Buffalo, Cincinnati, Houston and Kansas City as the only AFC teams that the Pats haven't met in the postseason.

The only way Cincinnati would play them this year is in the AFC Championship game.

There is one good thing to come from Wes Welker's injury, although Patriots fans may have a tough time seeing it. I think it is ridiculous that the league is seriously considering punishing teams for resting their starters. Welker's injury shows exactly why teams do it! This will be remembered for a loooong time. As if an extra draft pick could make things even.

With the Jets beating the Bengals 24-0, it looks like the Ravens-Pats game will indeed be the 3-6 matchup.

Which means if the Pats win they will automatically go to San Diego, and if the Ravens win they'll automatically go to Indy.

Look at these J E TS . . . J E T S . . . JETS JETS JETS . . . if I am Cincinnati, I do not want to play this team next week and am thankful it is at home!

By the way, unless Ocho Cinco has great 2nd half, it's back to #85 Chad Johnson next week (he made a deal with Costas in the pre-game show)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)