The Road to SuperBowl XLIV: The Official 2010 NFL Playoffs Thread

Green Bay, Jets, Balt Colts, Pitts, Patriots, Rams 49ers, dolphins? ( I didn't cheat, which is easy to do on inernet quizzes)

Nice try, but the Colts lost to the Jets, the Pats lost to the Bears, the Rams lost to Pittsburgh and the Dolphins lost to Dallas.

The Saints are the first team since the 1999 Rams- year 1 of the Greatest Show on Turf- to led the league in points scored and win the Super Bowl.

4 other teams that had the most points in the NFL and made it to Super Sunday lost- 2001 Rams, 2002 Raiders, 2005 Seahawks, 2007 Patriots

Drew Brees wins the Super Bowl MVP award.

His 32 completions tied Tom Brady's record for most completions in a SB game, and his completion percentage was the second best in SB history behind only Phil Simms from January 1987.

Drew Brees wins the Super Bowl MVP award.

His 32 completions tied Tom Brady's record for most completions in a SB game, and his completion percentage was the second best in SB history behind only Phil Simms from January 1987.

He has 30 completions with 7 + minutes to go, I thought he was going to pass 32 easily, but it didn't happen.

Fwiw, I would give the NO D as much credit for the win as any other part of thier team....

Someone here seems to think that Peyton played poorly.
Both QB's played very well.
Peyton made one mistake, besides taking to long between plays when the game got late.

Fwiw, 2 Buckeye's Will Smith and Malcolm Jenkins as well as a local guy that played here in Toledo, Ohio Lance Moore all WON the SUPER BOWL :up:up:up

Yes.....Yes........Yes.......Yes!

...........And the pick six was the icining on the Cake!

Thank You and congrats to Nawlins'. You made this a very enjoyable Superbowl Sunday.

Reggie Bush joins the list of "Heisman Winners that won a Super Bowl."

Doug Flutie missed out by one year.

The Pats were two time defending champs when Doug rejoined them in 2005, but unfortunately the Pats lost in Denver in the divisional round.

The shame of that is the Patriots would have hosted Pittsburgh in the AFCCG after the Steelers upset the Colts in Indy, so you never know...............

Doug Flutie missed out by one year.

The Pats were two time defending champs when Doug rejoined them in 2005, but unfortunately the Pats lost in Denver in the divisional round.

The shame of that is the Patriots would have hosted Pittsburgh in the AFCCG after the Steelers upset the Colts in Indy, so you never know...............

Speaking of that Denver playoff game, it reminded me of one these hard-to-believe QB facts:

Jake Plummer was 3-1 against Tom Brady.

Unless you're a Indy or NO fan, this game was pretty forgettable. Commercials weren't really anything special either.

What ????

This game was Fun, good back and forth drives.
The first quarter both teams got to know one another and then went from there.

MUCH better than the normal SB Blow Outs.

The last several SB's have been very entertaining.

Both teams ran the ball more than I expected.

The Colts running the ball 3 consecutive times with time on the clock towards the end of the 1st half was quite puzzling.

Yes.....Yes........Yes.......Yes!

...........And the pick six was the icining on the Cake!

Thank You and congrats to Nawlins'. You made this a very enjoyable Superbowl Sunday.

But probably not as enjoyable as it was for me to watch the Giants beat the Pats a couple of years ago. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)