The Sarah Connor Chronicles on FOX

I think you meant to say that the timeline is FUBAR. Skynet has gone from trying to protect its existence to trying to create itself. I can hardly stand to watch it.

IF skynet's beginning got altered from the one in the movies , then who is there in the future who is trying to send back terminators to help create skynet a different way? Can you say paradox? Maybe it is skynet from an alternate universe sending terminators back to our present. Remember the syndicated series TIME TRAX? In that show when you went back in time you were really going to an alternate past in an alternate universe. Meaning you couldn't really change your future. The future cop was always catching bad guys from the future in our present and sending them back to his future. I really never understood that whole premise .

I agree though with the whole paradox thing. We aren't supposed to try to figure it out to hard . Besides how long can this show go before it gets very, very repetitious? How many violent scenes can they put in one show anyway? THat is one thing this series has though that others lack: THEy don't spare on the special effects and violent explosions. It is like every episode could be a movie in itself.

IF skynet's beginning got altered from the one in the movies , then who is there in the future who is trying to send back terminators to help create skynet a different way? Can you say paradox? Maybe it is skynet from an alternate universe sending terminators back to our present. Remember the syndicated series TIME TRAX? In that show when you went back in time you were really going to an alternate past in an alternate universe. Meaning you couldn't really change your future. The future cop was always catching bad guys from the future in our present and sending them back to his future. I really never understood that whole premise .

I agree though with the whole paradox thing. We aren't supposed to try to figure it out to hard . Besides how long can this show go before it gets very, very repetitious? How many violent scenes can they put in one show anyway? THat is one thing this series has though that others lack: THEy don't spare on the special effects and violent explosions. It is like every episode could be a movie in itself.

Kind of a twisted version of Sliders... in terms of multiple universes/realities. :)

Regardless, I love it all.

In the interest of helping you all get past this issue, let me steal a concept from Star Trek: First Contact to help you get past this......

The machines in the future had sent terminators back to two separate timelines in an effort to get John whenhe was young. As the machine is fired up the skynet complex is encased in a temporal bubble which shields it from the changes cascading through time to the future. The rebels break in and send Reese back to 1984 first, and then work to reprogram Arnold to send to 1991 and our favorite little hot chick terminator to 1999 along with the other guys form last season. They also use stolen data to send someone back to the 1960's to build the equipment into the safe in the bank for their escape in 1999 to 2007. Seemingly defeated, another wave of terminators mass for another attack to try and retake Skynet's temporal facility, and succeed in doing so, wiping out the rebels who retreat from the facility. While inside the bubble they see the destroyed civilization of man healing itself as buildings become whole and populations return. They quickly (computers are fast) realize what has happened and come up with a new plan to restore things to their ideal, by sending agents back to the past to create a new reality that will enable them to flourish again. Some are sent to continue the mission of stopping John Connor, while others are sent back to ensure that the chess pieces are put in place to ensure their awakening, albeit at a later date..... They look outside the distortion field waiting for clues that their plans have been successful.....

...which we won't know until the series has run its course.....

How's that? Hopefully, you can all simply enjoy the show now, free from that nagging BS detector klanging in your heads and ruining your enjoyment of this show.....

In the interest of helping you all get past this issue, let me steal a concept from Star Trek: First Contact to help you get past this......

The machines in the future had sent terminators back to two separate timelines in an effort to get John whenhe was young. As the machine is fired up the skynet complex is encased in a temporal bubble which shields it from the changes cascading through time to the future. The rebels break in and send Reese back to 1984 first, and then work to reprogram Arnold to send to 1991 and our favorite little hot chick terminator to 1999 along with the other guys form last season. They also use stolen data to send someone back to the 1960's to build the equipment into the safe in the bank for their escape in 1999 to 2007. Seemingly defeated, another wave of terminators mass for another attack to try and retake Skynet's temporal facility, and succeed in doing so, wiping out the rebels who retreat from the facility. While inside the bubble they see the destroyed civilization of man healing itself as buildings become whole and populations return. They quickly (computers are fast) realize what has happened and come up with a new plan to restore things to their ideal, by sending agents back to the past to create a new reality that will enable them to flourish again. Some are sent to continue the mission of stopping John Connor, while others are sent back to ensure that the chess pieces are put in place to ensure their awakening, albeit at a later date..... They look outside the distortion field waiting for clues that their plans have been successful.....

How's that? Hopefully, you can all simply enjoy the show now, free from that nagging BS detector klanging in your heads and ruining your enjoyment of this show.....

Of course there is no evidence of a temporal wake... witness how Sarah, John, and Cameron are able to jump forward from 1999 to 2007. And the numerous Terminators sent back, and that doesn't even get to the biggest paradox of them all - how John was born before he sent Reese back :eek: :D

Hell, I have no problems with the time crap; it is all good sci-fi fun.:up :up :up

Oh my GOD ! This reminds me of those stupid math questions that used to make my head hurt so bad that my Eyes would glaze over and roll back in to my head. :p

"IF a train left New York at 30 miles an hour on Thursday and a train left L.A. on Monday going 80 miles an hour who would get to Dallas on Wednesday first?"

If a terminator leaves the future travelling at 14 years per second, and a human rebel goes to the future travelling at 18 years per second, how much money will the movie make in theatrical and DVD release?

If a terminator leaves the future travelling at 14 years per second, and a human rebel goes to the future travelling at 18 years per second, how much money will the movie make in theatrical and DVD release?

Now that is what they need to have on 9th grade Algebra tests! :D

It is amazing how little damage has done to her flesh after the car exploded. You would think that some of the skin would be burn badly.

I don't any reason for the T1000 to kill that guy. All he did was complaining about losing his people. It is not like he got any power to stop her since she is his boss. I mean who doesn't complain about bosses behind their backs? I think they just want to show off the T1000 in the season pilot so she has to kill some random joe.

I'm more impressed with how he "repaired" her.... An explosion somehow reset her to Terminator mode, while using (if memory serves) a pencil eraser to clean the chip contacts somehow solved the problem.....

He must have learned that from getting his old Nintendo 64 cartridges to work by erasering dirt buildup off of the contacts.... Well, he DID grow up in the 90's remember....

OK, now I'm falling into the logic hole... I should just ignore the holes and just enjoy the ride....

I'm more impressed with how he "repaired" her.... An explosion somehow reset her to Terminator mode, while using (if memory serves) a pencil eraser to clean the chip contacts somehow solved the problem.....

He must have learned that from getting his old Nintendo 64 cartridges to work by erasering dirt buildup off of the contacts.... Well, he DID grow up in the 90's remember....

OK, now I'm falling into the logic hole... I should just ignore the holes and just enjoy the ride....

Yup. She came out of that explosion looking a helluva lot better than anyone expected based on the end of the season finale last year.

But it was cool to watch her staple her skin back together. :D

Don't think too hard about it and just go along for the ride (reminds me of the time Michael York said the same thing to the audience in Austin Powers)

Exactly!

Even more so... Bill and Ted's excellent adventure, particularly the scene where they are breaking out of jail.

But seriously... this is one we watch for they eye candy (hot chicks, cyborgs, and stuff blows up!) not for engaging, well-thought out story line.

LOL :D:up

Minor spoiler:

John seems to be less annoying this season, and the new haircut suits him. I think the new girl will help him to be less "woe is me".

Can someone get a copy of last night's episode? My DVR decided not to record it for some reason. It recorded like 1 second of a blank screen and immediately wanted me to delete it.

Hey, I mostly watch it to ogle Summer Glau. :hungry: Other than that, it's just a moderately entertaining sci-fi series. :D

Can someone get a copy of last night's episode? My DVR decided not to record it for some reason. It recorded like 1 second of a blank screen and immediately wanted me to delete it.

It may be up on Fox's site for streaming. I checked out the "HD" streaming of Fringe as I have other stuff recording, and quality wasn't HD, but was pretty good with only a single commercial every 15mins or so.

Only thing I didn't really like from this weeks was...
How the heck do two people with zero background check get jobs in a secure facility like that :rolleyes:. Yes I know they copied some of the badges, but come on. It's probably because I work with the access control stuff that it bugs me.

Other than that it was pretty good. I much prefer John this season so far as he's acting more "real" and less whinny as other's have mentioned. Though I hope they don't keep doing the corny "Uh oh, did she just turn" crap where she acts spaced out for several seconds and then just goes "I'm fine."

-Mike

How the heck do two people with zero background check get jobs in a secure facility like that :rolleyes:. Yes I know they copied some of the badges, but come on. It's probably because I work with the access control stuff that it bugs me.
-Mike

You know how they got in! They got in because they are hot! :D The director guy didn't even care how Sarah got into the access controlled area. He just wanted to see her naked!

It won't matter much anymore....

Due to that death slot (against Chuck, CBS comedies, Monday Night football, and Dancing With the Stars), FOX is about to pull the plug.....

SyFy Portal

FOX kills another good SciFi show.....

Hey, here's an idea,... try moving it to a slot where people are NOT watching something else more critical to them.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)