The Sling Player for IPhone Demo

This demo has been on their site for awhile. It is really good to hear that they have submitted it to Apple. Hopefully that means it will be coming real soon.

This demo has been on their site for awhile. It is really good to hear that they have submitted it to Apple. Hopefully that means it will be coming real soon.

The demo I saw before was a lot different.

And the beta version I played with was also MUCH different then this one.

I can't wait to get it!

I wonder if it will use my existing activation code for Slingplayer Mobile (currently installed on Mrs Pepper's blackberry), or will additional purchase be required?

The demo I saw before was a lot different.

And the beta version I played with was also MUCH different then this one.

I can't wait to get it!

This one has been out there for at least 2 to 3 weeks as it was the one I watch a while ago.

I will have to second the notion of not being able to wait on this one. :D

I wonder if it will use my existing activation code for Slingplayer Mobile (currently installed on Mrs Pepper's blackberry), or will additional purchase be required?

I doubt that there will be an activation code for this one. They will use the app store to get the software out there and it will not let you download or use it unless it is registered to your account.

I just saw this on Slings website. Sling Media - Slingbox Upgrade Program

[FONT=&quot]Apparently the slingplayer for the iPhone will only work with a Slingbox Solo or Pro-HD.[/FONT]
It will also work with a standard SlingBox Pro, according to your link.

"Current Slingbox functionality will not be affected if you choose not to upgrade, but software like SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone and future services yet to be announced will only be supported for customers using Slingbox SOLO, Slingbox PRO and Slingbox PRO-HD products or forthcoming SlingLoaded products."

So, no need to get everybody's panties in a bunch.

It will also work with a standard SlingBox Pro, according to your link.

"Current Slingbox functionality will not be affected if you choose not to upgrade, but software like SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone and future services yet to be announced will only be supported for customers using Slingbox SOLO, Slingbox PRO and Slingbox PRO-HD products or forthcoming SlingLoaded products."

So, no need to get everybody's panties in a bunch.

Sorry, I must have overlooked the Pro only.

But I'm still left with either upgrading my Slingbox AV, or pick up a smartphone other than an iPhone when my contract is up later this month.

stupid iphone... what garbage..

I have been using both my slingboxes to view TV and my security cameras on my Windows Mobile phones for a few years. I have touched and played around with the iphone and it feels like a toy compared to my ATT Tilt. The Tilt and its predecessors have made me happy and cost less than the iphone and make more sense for a business user.

iphone, ipod.... just fads. There are better phones and better MP3 players on the market, yet everyone has to have their iphone or ipod because they want to be "cool."

iphone, ipod.... just fads. There are better phones and better MP3 players on the market, yet everyone has to have their iphone or ipod because they want to be "cool."

I wouldn't call them "fads". It is pretty hard to say an iPod is a fad when they have 70+% (taking a guess as they were over 75% a couple of years ago) of the market share in MP3 players. I for one have tried many different MP3 players and IMO the iPod is one of the best ones out there. It all comes down to a personal preference and nothing more.

I personally don't see why people would get so upset over this. They are just like any other company that will drop support after a set period of time. To reduce costs they have to stop supporting older devices or they will just be spinning their wheels and never release new features. Some of the older devices may just not be powerful enough to handle some of the newer features coming down the road (and I am not just talking about the iPhone support).

Yeah, the Zune has sure set the world afire! And Windows Mobile... ooh... sexy!!

I never mentioned the Zune. I said there are better MP3 players out there, didn't mention a specific brand.

As far as Windows Mobile, it isn't sexy, it is functional. It isn't supposed to be sexy for god sakes, it is a phone OS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts