The Sling Player for IPhone Demo

AT&T and their draconian antiquated policies. 5GB per month cap, as if you could ever get that much speed out of their network. And don't dare use an iphone on their service before you sign up for the data plan. They will hit you with a 0.01 per kb data charge that adds up quickly. This happened to me the first week I had my iphone for testing purposes, I was very careful to only use the phone part of it anytime I wasn't connected to a WiFi network, they still hit me with data charges for overnight activity whilst it was connected to my WiFi at home. Greedy weasels.

By the way without a data plan, the cost for 49.1MB of data (overnight while the device was in standby connected to WiFi) is $491. Really greedy weasels.

AT&T and their draconian antiquated policies. 5GB per month cap, as if you could ever get that much speed out of their network. And don't dare use an iphone on their service before you sign up for the data plan. They will hit you with a 0.01 per kb data charge that adds up quickly. This happened to me the first week I had my iphone for testing purposes, I was very careful to only use the phone part of it anytime I wasn't connected to a WiFi network, they still hit me with data charges for overnight activity whilst it was connected to my WiFi at home. Greedy weasels.

By the way without a data plan, the cost for 49.1MB of data (overnight while the device was in standby connected to WiFi) is $491. Really greedy weasels.

I've seen a few people do the same with WinMo phones. There's a couple of apps out there that prevents your phone from using data at all...and a couple that also will prevent your phone from using data while roaming. Personally I wouldn't have a smartphone/iphone without a data plan.

I'm sure there's an app out there for the iphone for that but probably one you have to jailbreak to use it since I highly doubt they would approve something like that.

What kind of speeds are you guys seeing on the AT&T network while tethering? Fastest I've seen on my laptop tethering to my older phone was 2.6/0.6up.

well I hope they at least release the slingplayerfor the touch.... equally valuable to me when in the gym, since I don't have an iphone, AND the gym has wi-fi. :)

Well has anybody heard any new information regarding the Sling Player? I am really debating on what I want to do in regards to streaming TV to my phone.

I dont think this is going to happen, on page three of the comments...

We've gone ahead and moved this to Page 2 due to some conflicting information we've received from trusted sources on the matter. Stay tuned...

Yeah, as I posted on slingcommunity, if it actually comes out and works with the classic (though not officially supported) then I will withdraw all my previous rants.

If it's 3G only, I'll rant about that but also grab the wifi emulator thingie. Half the places around here I can't get good enough 3G signal to even check email though, sling may be out of the question.

Kind of funny how you can take a brand new WinMo device out the box activate it, download the slingplayer app, and start watching over the cellular network no matter what carrier you are on.

Sorry to hear that iphone guys. I use the Slingplayer on my phone all the time to watch from my Slingbox Classic. Sucks how Apple has the reigns on what you can put on a phone. I don't see the point in the Slingplayer only over WiFi.