HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Disco and Old School Hip-Hop Channels Back by Popular Demand on SIRIUS XM
Radio

The Strobe and Backspin return on January 15

The Beat Morning Show launches on BPM

NEW YORK, Dec. 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio today announcedthe return of two music channels: The Strobe and Backspin. SIRIUS XM listeners will be able to listen to The Strobe and Backspin beginning
Thursday, January 15.

The Strobe and Backspin will bring back disco/classic dance and old school
hip-hop respectively to SIRIUS and XM. Additionally, The Beat Morning Show
will launch on BPM on January 15. The daily show will feature popular dance
hits and be hosted by former Beat program director Geronimo.

"Bringing back The Strobe and Backspin, and adding The Beat Morning Show, is part of our commitment to respond to our subscribers' overwhelming passion for our service," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SIRIUS XM Radio. "We are fortunate to have an enthusiastic audience that embraces satellite radio with unprecedented fervor. We will continue to
listen to them as we strive to create the best audio entertainment experience
available."

The Strobe channel will showcase the best songs and artists of disco and
classic dance. The channel will bring listeners back to the days of glitzy
club life and Studio 54 while playing the biggest dance hits of the 1970s and
1980s. The channel will feature shows highlighting various disco club
classics, freestyle and mixed disco favorites, including, Deney Terrio's
Request Fever and Causi's Club Classics.

SIRIUS XM's Backspin channel will feature the best of old school rap and
hip-hop. The channel will be the home of several specialty shows including
Ladies' First with Monie Love and Zulubeats with Afrika Bambaataa, Mick Benzo and The Cutman

I still have hope for the sat service though.

Same here; it will take them about 9 mos - 12 mos to get everything right after this XM takeover. We are likely to see more than a few channels come and go and return. I for one and not going to be so quick to turn my back and dump them; hell I still can't get 24/7 uncensored music via terrestrial and sometime I don't want to mess with my CD player.

its a start

Its a start i guess, glad to hear they are listening to the lesser of the two companies's subscribers, can we say catering. How about the system?? This change isnt good enough to keep me, i still really hate the lineup i dont feel like i have choice like i did before, its all the same crap on all the channels, the sirius takeover, thats why i got xm a long time ago for the originality. Also glad to see they are fixing the censoring cause a record backspin every 10 seconds is annoying as hell, especially since they are censoring more words then fm. But i have found alot of podcasts that sound really good in my car so times a ticking. But still glad to see they are starting to listen to atleast half of their comments posted, perhaps has something to do with their stocks skyrocketing (coughcrashing(cough) to all time high of 13 cents, the 3 channel changes arent going to help enough, but what do i know im just a "xm" subscriber, but ill wait it out.

I'm sure some others will reappear, or be "tweaked" as time goes on, and they get a feel for what the majority of the people want.

I'm sticking around, I'm sure once they get everything situated, things will be good again, and even in it's current state, it's still better than what I have available on FM.

Just my 2 cents.

i canceled already i was on month to month. i canceled because they censored hip hop nation and cut backspin. i heard they stopped censoring hip hop nation.
i have the original sportster can i activate it again after its cut off im not officially cut off till January 1st.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)