The Superstations have returned ...

I can understand that too. For me especially in the morning I just want to click and watch the local news, some news from a couple of areas of the Country and National news. When something is happening in LA it's nice to just turn to the KTLA and likely they are there covering it, then I can go back to what I was watching. For us it's worth the $80 a year even more so with our CW not available right now. No doubt not a needed thing but if used a nice package to have.

I like the variety you get with superstations. In Michigan WKBD was on every cable company in the state Everyone enjoyed the variety I suspect that is the case with superstations

Reactions: Tampa8
With the availability of almost any newscast available online, I don't see the value of having Supers anymore. I dropped them a long time ago.

I downgraded from the Superstations package to just KTLA three or four years ago. The reason behind me having it for so long was the fact on DISH they don't offer the CW in my area. I could move to Charleston/Huntington, WV DMA but I'm not sure if the spotbeam would be strong enough on cloudy/rainy days.

Legally I believe that DISH can now import a signal from a neighboring DMA for the networks. They do so with WCHS-TV (ABC out of Charleston/Huntington WV DMA) in the the Parkersburg, WV DMA.... so I shouldn't even have to move...

With the Roku and Chromecast I can watch most any TV newscast that streams, but I also find the ads interesting. One reason I went with Dish back in 1999 was because of the East/West nets and the Super Stations. I figure since Dish no longer sells the Super Stations, I have wondered how long they will be available. I guess people like all of the sports they carry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)