the thanks button

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

babcea

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
N.Florida
I am very glad to see the thanks button,this will cut down on people posting just to say thanks.Very good Idea.

I can see that the thanks button is kind of like VOOM - it has its supporters and it has its detractors. I personally think it should be used sparingly. I find it somewhat annoying if used more than once per several threads.

I personally think it should be used sparingly.
I find it somewhat annoying if used more than once per several threads.
+1 here.
I was disappointed to see it show up in the latest rounds of vBulletin upgrades.

edit:
Is there a way we can view without seeing those messages?
That would be nice... then if you can monitor whether people bother to turn off the Thank You feature, you'd get some useful feedback.

Last edited:
Thanks, its a great idea. More people are more likely to click on the Thanks button than to type out thanks. It shows graditude to the poster and may encourage more posting, especially for those that have just joined the site.

Is there an actual button? All I see is a red "X" where the button should be. I think I know the answer, I'm using the "classic" theme.

Too many things were broken in the Classic Theme, with the latest upgrade.
But I do recall seeing the word Thanks in the lower right of posts....

Anyway, I had to change over to the New Look.
Which is no longer so bad, compared to when it was first rolled out.
And there is a big Thanks button, in the same place.
But only in posts by others... you can't Thank yourself. ;)

Try it, you might like it. :D

the Thank You button

I find it ironic that people who are agreeing with you are doing so by using the THANKS feature.

You know When I first noticed the Thank You button I thought that was a nice touch to thank somebody for a response to a thread or for the thread itself.

Then I noticed it was gone. After reading some of the responses here about it made a lot of sense. After making a post and thanking them for what they had to say and then putting a Thank you button message over that does now seem redundant! So I guess I don’t need a thank you button Vegassatellite for letting me see the issue from a different angle! Lol

TOM

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)