The Tomorrow People (CW)

I've been waiting more than 30 years for this concept to be remade! I used to LOVE the Tomorrow People, cheesy as it was. It was rerun back when Nickelodeon was still commercial free. But I think it used to be on CBS Saturday Morining/Noon

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 1

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

"Pilot": Stephen questions his sanity when he starts hearing voices and waking up in unusual places; a voice in Stephen's head leads him to a genetically advanced race known as the Tomorrow People.

S~

I've been waiting more than 30 years for this concept to be remade! I used to LOVE the Tomorrow People, cheesy as it was. It was rerun back when Nickelodeon was still commercial free. But I think it used to be on CBS Saturday Morining/Noon

Unless its removed, the original is on Hulu plus.

I have a timer set for this one too. My DVR is very busy on Wednesday nights so this show will have a short leash for me.

It was OK for a pilot... It was just setting up who is who in the whole scheme of things. It will now take a few episodes to figure out if they have interesting plots for these characters.

Oh, "The Tomorrow People" has so much cheesy goodness, I need to buy some crackers to go along with it! I am a little sick and tired of 25 year-olds that LOOK like 20-somethings playing high school students, but it's the CW. What else should I expect. I know I am not in the demo for this show and I will probably soon tire of it, but it was fun. This show holds true to the original 70s British TV show of the same name. That one was just as cheesy with crappier effects.

We'll see how the regular season goes. Keeping in mind this is the CW and ALL shows are some sort of 90210 rehash deep down, I think this will be the first show on the CW that gets a timer on my DVR since the 8th season of Smallville. (gave up on it on the 9th season).

Oh, "The Tomorrow People" has so much cheesy goodness, I need to buy some crackers to go along with it! I am a little sick and tired of 25 year-olds that LOOK like 20-somethings playing high school students, but it's the CW. What else should I expect. I know I am not in the demo for this show and I will probably soon tire of it, but it was fun. This show holds true to the original 70s British TV show of the same name. That one was just as cheesy with crappier effects.

We'll see how the regular season goes. Keeping in mind this is the CW and ALL shows are some sort of 90210 rehash deep down, I think this will be the first show on the CW that gets a timer on my DVR since the 8th season of Smallville. (gave up on it on the 9th season).

The realities of a TV show, they pretty much have to use people in their early 20s to portray high school students. The child actor laws make it hard to use those under 18 for something as extensive as a weekly hour long show.

As mentioned before the CW is a lot style and fashion. That is one of the ways the network funds episodes, all sorts of paid stuff. Even the music is being promoted.

I never saw the British series, so I do not know how close they will follow.

Not being familiar with the original series,this seems like a rip-off of the movie Jumper,which also must have been based on the original Tomorrow People.

The movie "Jumper" was based on a 1993 book of the same name. There were two iterations of "The Tomorrow People" before the book Jumper came out. The concept of people developing the power of teleportation goes back to 1001 Arabian Nights. It's nothing new. :)

But as I mentioned in my previous post, so far, this CW series is perfectly true to the original 1973 British series.

The realities of a TV show, they pretty much have to use people in their early 20s to portray high school students. The child actor laws make it hard to use those under 18 for something as extensive as a weekly hour long show.

Then use an 18 or 19 year-old that COULD still be in High school. Or, make them COLLEGE students! :)

I understand the legalities.

Then use an 18 or 19 year-old that COULD still be in High school. Or, make them COLLEGE students! :)

I understand the legalities.

I think the problem with making all these high school age shows into college shows is that in a college you don't get all the same students into one class. Whenever I watch a high school show, I always wonder what are these kids in the same class. One or two of them and league smarter and should be in AP class! The only class they could possibly in together is Driver Ed or PE because they are the same age.

The pilot was good enough to retain the DVR timer for another week. Just felt like your typical "origins story" and pilot to introduce characters and set things up. It'll take a bit more mediocrity for me to give up on a show starring Peyton List as a main character. :D

Really it looks like very little of the show will be in high school... It is really only Stephen and his friend Astrid that were in the school. The rest of the group could have been in the subway tunnels for years, some must have been since they knew Stephen's dad.

I didn't even watch. It sounded from my wife like a re-hash of the Syfy series Alphas. I hated that show and after hearing her description I deleted the show without watching and the timer too.

I didn't even watch. It sounded from my wife like a re-hash of the Syfy series Alphas. I hated that show and after hearing her description I deleted the show without watching and the timer too.

Hmmm I don't think your wife gave a good description then. It is not really like Alphas. I say it is more like the movies Jumper or Push etc... I think I will keep watching. It is interesting because usually these kind of show will start off by the main guy joining the rebels and against the "bad" guys. This one is a bit difference in the start. It is like Luke decided to leave Tatooine with Darth Vader instead of Obi-wan!

But as I mentioned in my previous post, so far, this CW series is perfectly true to the original 1973 British series.

I don't remember them being able to teleport themselves in the original. Or to be precise, I remember them calling Tim to bring them in all the time. If they could teleport themselves, I've forgotten about it.

I also don't remember the main character working with Jedekiah willingly, but I'm hazier on that point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)