The Tomorrow People (CW)

Hmmm I don't think your wife gave a good description then. It is not really like Alphas. I say it is more like the movies Jumper or Push etc... I think I will keep watching. It is interesting because usually these kind of show will start off by the main guy joining the rebels and against the "bad" guys. This one is a bit difference in the start. It is like Luke decided to leave Tatooine with Darth Vader instead of Obi-wan!

Well I might give it a try next week if I have time. But if it is ANYthing like Alphas I won't watch. I hated that show, it was soooo boooorrriiiinnngg.

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 2

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

"In too Deep": Stephen seeks help when Ultra tries to probe his brain; when Ultra's evil motives are exposed, John wants Stephen to act as a spy.

S~

I didn't even watch. It sounded from my wife like a re-hash of the Syfy series Alphas. I hated that show and after hearing her description I deleted the show without watching and the timer too.

Hmmm I don't think your wife gave a good description then. It is not really like Alphas. I say it is more like the movies Jumper or Push etc... I think I will keep watching. It is interesting because usually these kind of show will start off by the main guy joining the rebels and against the "bad" guys. This one is a bit difference in the start. It is like Luke decided to leave Tatooine with Darth Vader instead of Obi-wan!

Well I might give it a try next week if I have time. But if it is ANYthing like Alphas I won't watch. I hated that show, it was soooo boooorrriiiinnngg.

The only thing that's like Alphas is that the show centers on a group of people who are evolving with special powers and are in danger of being persecuted or experimented on if they don't keep a low profile ... while of course other people with these same abilities abuse the powers for personal gain and risk attracting attention/trouble for everyone. In that regard, this show is also like Heroes, X-men, 4400, and a host of other similar shows, movies, comic books, etc. What will keep me interested, like some of those other shows, is good character development and interesting story arcs and twists.

I actually really liked Alphas, especially the first season, until at some point in the second season it got to be too much of a case where if one person had done or not done the one thing they were told (i.e., "Rachel, stay in the car!" "Gary, stop communicating with that rogue Alpha terrorist!"), 90% of the problems the group encountered could have been avoided.

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 3

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"Girl, Interrupted": At a party, Stephen hears that a classmate is in trouble; Cara's feelings about her traumatic past surface; John asks Stephen to infiltrate Ultra's man computer.

S~

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 4

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

"Kill or be Killed": After years of being in hiding, Ultra's most wanted, Killian (Jason Dohring), resurfaces; Stephen's mother becomes suspicious.

S~

You know I googled Peyton List & pictures of some little girl came up. Turns out(I didn't know) there are 2 Peyton Lists(actually,I didn't even know there was one),one on the CW & one on the Disney Channel

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 5

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

"All Tomorrow's Parties": Jedikiah's mysterious boss insists on meeting him; Stephan turns to John for protection; the Tomorrow People want to attend a topside party but john and Cara are against it; Stephan fails to keep his promise to attend a Homecoming with Astrid.

S~

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 6

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

"Sorry for your Loss": During a night out, Russell and Stephen run into a potential new break-out; a shocking secret could ruin Jedikiah's career.

S~

I got caught back up on the series, it seems to be developing quite well. I decided I like it and hope it gets a large enough audience for renewal.

Definitely enough significant plot developments to keep it interesting, though the whole "there's a bigger badder enemy behind every show's main heavy pulling the strings" is getting a bit cliché. I don't know of a sci-fi action show I've watched in the past decade that have something like that. But that's TV for you.

I'm liking this show so far. It is one of the few I am not falling behind on. My DVR always gets pretty stacked up in the fall and I tend to catch up over the year when there is less on.

I still like the show. Every time I see the mother (no matter how many movies or other TV shows she was in), I still think "Nina Myers"!

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 8

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

"Thanatos": Stephen forms a plan in hope of getting inside Jedikiah's head; Russell and Cara have an encounter with an uninvited visitor.

S~

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 9

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

"Death's Door": Stephen can't help John get out of a dangerous situation without revealing himself to Ultra; Russell and Cara negotiate with Jedikiah.

S~

I enjoy this show and let's hope they get better ratings on mondays but will be hard with all good shows on mondays maybe they should of replaced it with Nikitas spot on friday!! ;) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)