The Tonight Show with Jay Leno! Part Deux

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Well Jay is back AGAIN.. so far a sleeper, we'll see how it goes with Jamie Foxx

Sleeper?? This was a very good show. Oz, looking for a desk, Jamie Foxx, all good.

Lame is the first word to mind. Then predictable. Dull. And they forgot to unplug Jamie Fox. Lindsey was the only salvation. Back to Letterman.

Strong Return for Jay Leno in Late Night:

NBC is playing down the initial overnight results for the return of Jay Leno as host of The Tonight Show. But based on Monday’s results, Leno dominated with a 5.4/14 from 11:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., the best overnight performance for The Tonight Show since Conan O’Brien stepped in on June 1, 2009. CBS’ The Late Show With David Letterman trailed with a 3.0/ 8, while ABC’s combination of Nightline (3.4/ 8) and Jimmy Kimmel Live (2.1/ 6) ranked third overall.
Source & More: mediaweek.com

I liked the Wizard of Oz opening. And I told you Leno would kick Lettermans butt again. And Letterman better get used to it. And I was a huge fan of his old NBC show but his CBS show is boring and tired looking. Lets see if Conan is ever heard from again, I say no.

I liked the Wizard of Oz opening. And I told you Leno would kick Lettermans butt again. And Letterman better get used to it. And I was a huge fan of his old NBC show but his CBS show is boring and tired looking.
Betty White was funny... I liked Dave on his morning show and night show on NBC, but quickly lost interest when he went to CBS...

Betty White was funny... I liked Dave on his morning show and night show on NBC, but quickly lost interest when he went to CBS...

One of the best shows Letterman did was his morning shows. And his Anniversary shows were funny as well. The 3rd Anniversary was the best. His show was low key back then . When Letterman left NBC I knew it was a mistake . But that being said I also had doubts about Jay Leno. NBC almost pulled the plug on his NBC show in the first year. One word, The Purple Curtain. He had this really ugly purple curtain he came out of at the start of the show, And you saw it during his whole opening monologue.

I liked the Wizard of Oz opening. And I told you Leno would kick Lettermans butt again. And Letterman better get used to it. And I was a huge fan of his old NBC show but his CBS show is boring and tired looking. Lets see if Conan is ever heard from again, I say no.

What does a 5.4 convert to in viewers? Conan's debut was 9.4 million, and Jay's final week before going to 10pm was 7 million/episode.

The Fallon v Ferg makes me sad though, we can debate and argue about Dave/Conan/Jay all we want, but Jimmy doesn't hold a candle to Craig in the funny department.

What does a 5.4 convert to in viewers? Conan's debut was 9.4 million, and Jay's final week before going to 10pm was 7 million/episode.

The Fallon v Ferg makes me sad though, we can debate and argue about Dave/Conan/Jay all we want, but Jimmy doesn't hold a candle to Craig in the funny department.

I did not see any reference to them in the linked article. How is that ratings battle shaping up?

EDIT Never mind that is kind of OT. I will do some research and if I don't find an answer start a separate thread.

... And I told you Leno would kick Lettermans butt again. And Letterman better get used to it...

He probably will (and he probably will). Tonight is an American landmark going back almost 60 years. During that time it was behind in the ratings for roughly two years; the two that Dave beat it.

Ratings don't automatically mean that the show is good, BTW. Jay is the most bland host the franchise has ever had.

Oh, and of course he won on night number one. I'm fairly sure Conan beat Dave on night number one.

He probably will (and he probably will). Tonight is an American landmark going back almost 60 years. During that time it was behind in the ratings for roughly two years; the two that Dave beat it.

Ratings don't automatically mean that the show is good, BTW. Jay is the most bland host the franchise has ever had.

Oh, and of course he won on night number one. I'm fairly sure Conan beat Dave on night number one.

Ratings are all they have. And when Letterman was beating Conan CBS made sure we were aware of it. Letterman would love to beat Leno in the ratings.

Lame is the first word to mind. Then predictable. Dull. And they forgot to unplug Jamie Fox. Lindsey was the only salvation. Back to Letterman.
I agree with you as far as Fox is concerned...the guy is annoying. However, you do realize there are reasons Letterman has been runner-up to Leno for the past 15+ years?...not funny, not original...not interesting all come to mind. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)