The Tonight Show with Jay Leno! Part Deux

Anybody heard anything about what Kev is doing now, I haven't heard a thing.

Liked Kev MUCH better than Rickie.
Probably the same thing as Branford Marsalis...playing gigs at night and selling up to 100 albums per year. Just one click on the Kevin Eubanks website should give you an idea. He and the band certainly aren't making "Tonight Show" money, but it's what he wanted to do.

I too liked Kev on the sidelines...100X better than Rickie and Branford combined.

Last edited:
Probably the same thing as Branford Marsalis...playing gigs at night and selling up to 100 albums per year. Just one click on the Kevin Eubanks website should give you an idea. He and the band certainly aren't making "Tonight Show" money, but it's what he wanted to do.

I too liked Kev on the sidelines...100X better than Rickie and Branford combined.

Unfortunately, his site doesn't have much to say .....
It's under construction.

Jay who? Somebody is still paying this Jay guy? See you tonight, Dave.

Jay who? Somebody is still paying this Jay guy? See you tonight, Dave.
Based on the ratings over the past nearly 20-years, it will pretty much be you and a few hundred others watching. Since it's a proven fact that angry people die sooner, it would appear that Angry Senile Dave and his hostile cronies are dying off in droves. Dave used to be funny back in the day...but that day ended back in '83. ;)

Exactly... elsewhere there are "Jay" threads that are full of nothing but haters... one poster gives the ratings weekly which are down for all late night, I'm thinking NBC killed network late night with their shuffling around...

Well the DVR killed off my late night show viewing. Now, I start watching prime time usually sometime after 9pm (Central), so I am sure to be able to skip commercials. So, buy the time I have watched the prime time shows the Tonight Show is done.

Well, I wonder how Leno and Letterman will fare with Conan returning to late-night in the 11pm timeslot?
It depends on what kind of show Conan does. And at first he might even beat both of them in the ratings but I predict he will soon fade like he did on NBC. Some people are good comedy writers and terrible host . Conan, Chevy Chase etc.

It depends on what kind of show Conan does. And at first he might even beat both of them in the ratings but I predict he will soon fade like he did on NBC. Some people are good comedy writers and terrible host . Conan, Chevy Chase etc.

I don't recall Chevy Chase being known for his writing. He did write some on SNL but he is much beetter known for his work on screen. But his talk show was absolutely horrible.

Geronimo said:
I don't recall Chevy Chase being known for his writing. He did write some on SNL but he is much beetter known for his work on screen. But his talk show was absolutely horrible.

Chevy Chase is best known for his horrible work period...he was the next to least funniest character on SNL and bombed numerous times on screen. The only performances he gave that were even remotely funny were Caddy Shack and Fetch IMO.

In fairness Chase was actually seen as the breakout character during his tenure on SNL and while his film work from about '81 on was pretty abysmal films like Foul play and CaddyShack did quite well at the box office and many of his post Foul Play movies were big money makers at the video store.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)