The Tonight Show with Jay Leno! Part Deux

I just spent another unpleasant 15-minutes watching Bill Cosby on the Tonight Show...waiting, hoping, wanting just one thing he said or did to be funny. There was nothing but uncomfortable silence from the audience the entire time during his schtick and subsequent conversation with Jay. The only laughing and clapping occured when they broke to a commercial. This scenario has been repeated each and every time Bill has been on Leno's show the past 10-years. Some personalities improve with age like George Burns and Jimmy Stuart. I can't say the same for Bill Cosby. As much as I used to love Bill while I was growing up, I can no longer watch anything he does - he hasn't been funny in years and it is just painful to watch.

I just spent another unpleasant 15-minutes watching Bill Cosby on the Tonight Show...waiting, hoping, wanting just one thing he said or did to be funny. There was nothing but uncomfortable silence from the audience the entire time during his schtick and subsequent conversation with Jay. The only laughing and clapping occured when they broke to a commercial. This scenario has been repeated each and every time Bill has been on Leno's show the past 10-years. Some personalities improve with age like George Burns and Jimmy Stuart. I can't say the same for Bill Cosby. As much as I used to love Bill while I was growing up, I can no longer watch anything he does - he hasn't been funny in years and it is just painful to watch.

I couldn't agree more. It has been amazing. The Cosby show was a staple in our household. What the heck happened to him?

I couldn't agree more. It has been amazing. The Cosby show was a staple in our household. What the heck happened to him?

I can only assume Bill has aged like beer and is well past his expiration date. Watching Cosby reminds me of drinking bad beer and then making that bitter beer face - not pretty! Heck, I'm even funnier than the Cos these days. :D

dfergie said:
Catching up... Thrill Bill with the accordion playing dog was hilarious...

I think stuff like this is what makes Leno's show so good. In this aspect the show hasn't missed a beat since JC left; excellent writing, gags, shots spoofs, etc. However, I do miss some of the old skits with Kev like The Great Beyondo, Iron Jay, etc.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

dfergie said:
Catching up... Thrill Bill with the accordion playing dog was hilarious...

Umfortunately, I've only seen Betty White do her "make me flinch" skit once since she was rediscovered. Heck, it was probably her only regular gig there for a couple years.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Rerun, but the Shaq walk on was hilarious last night...

I remember that show, but I typically delete all the reruns as soon as hear an old joke. Anyway, is it me or has Leno been showing reruns going on two-weeks? I never recall him being out more than a week. Heck, I would rather the Tonight Show have a "Guest Host" than show reruns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts