Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
:)

20191010_144626a.jpg

That IH looks identical to one a deceased friend of mine had. As I recall, starting it was a bit complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That IH looks identical to one a deceased friend of mine had. As I recall, starting it was a bit complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not too much. The trick is remembering to turn on the gas under the right side of the hood. If you forget that the rest doesn't matter. ;)
Put it in neutral, pull the kill switch, push the throttle lever up about 1/3 to 1/2, then pull both rings on either side of the dash, one's the choke the other's the starter switch, and you're off and running.

Reactions: FTA4PA and TheKrell
COOL!
Yes each old tractor, like old cars, have personalities. Sometimes they just don't want to start. :)
I have one about that size, an Allis Chalmers B. The starter died but it does start with the hand crank. Just have to make sure the points are good in the magnito. Sometimes a good workout though! Good incentive not to stall it.

My Farmall Cub is a 1955, starts easily with the crank if needed. Completely original and runs great. The Ford 2N is a 1947 model. Engine rebuilt and converted to 12 volt electrical system.

View attachment 141081
Outside of Farmall, there are only 2 tractors I would buy: A Ford xN series and an Oliver Row Crop. I have the sickle bar for it, about 70% restored, but I'll never have a use for it so I'm thinking off selling it in the Spring. I'm currently refinishing the 54A push blade and since the sickle and the blade use the same mounting holes one of them becomes redundant and I have more use for the blade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)