Status
Please reply by conversation.

snathanb

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 26, 2004
DFW
I get "Retro Jams" where "The Tube" used to be.... both last night and early this morning.... I tried rescanning 11720 and "the tube" no longer shows up...

The Tube was definately there went I left for work yesterday morning at 6:00 AM CST, and gone when I got home at 3:30 pm CST.

I first noticed it last night about 15 minutes before some of the Equity stations show their Retro Jams On Request hour. At the top of the hour, this Retro Jams channel ran the On Request show.

I was hoping this was just something that changed for the evening shows. Maybe not. :(

"Retro Jams" also is on Equitys C- Band feed on Galaxy 3C where "The Tube" used to be. Also scans as The tube TV. :(

The website still exists http://www.thetubetv.com/

I get the Tube OTA in West Palm from a fox affilate. I can check tomorrow to see if it's still there. I know the tube has also been on a big commercial compaign and has signed deals with several cable companies and other stations. So it may be that the tube exists but has gone commercial and there old FTA locations have been given to someone else? More from me about this tomorrow...

As far as I know, there is no cable company that carries The Tube.. I approached them a few months back to do this very thing, and they turned us down as they are an "over the air only service at this time".. I left my contact information with the VP of Marketing and Programming, and they said they would let me know when they were ready to go to cable.

I emailed them 2 weeks ago, asking about this again, and their answer was the same..

the tube is still available on a cband feed as of 7:00 pm eastern time. it is not showing retro jams like the g10 feed and the g3 c band feed are.

Well maybe it's not a direct cable company agreement. But Adelphia in West palm is carrying the subchannel that the tube is on so hence the tube is on adelphia...

Dont dispair Cascade, you can find it in the WUT area :D By the way, welcome back, long time no see.

BFG said:
Well maybe it's not a direct cable company agreement. But Adelphia in West palm is carrying the subchannel that the tube is on so hence the tube is on adelphia...

Right, if you go to The Tube's website, it lists several cable companies that its hooked up to now. It was expected ....

I just noticed this today. I hope there's still a way to get The Tube, since its my all-time FTA favorite!

I also love 80s, but The Tube programming had so much VARIETY!

Not that I have much time to watch the dish right now with this post-Katrina mess, but I was recording some Tube videos just the day before yesterday :(

This is a sad day. Why can we not have FTA similar to Europe. For the cost of setting up based on current channels being offered, I'm debating if it even worth it anymore.

So..... can it be picked on CBAND with a microbud?

I hope Deluxe Music comes back on soon.

I did send the tube a letter begging and pleading for them to come back to ku band, if for no other reason than to let then know people were watching and missing it....

There are currently 4 stations in Dallas using a subchannel for the weather map. I sent each station an request to carry the tube on their subchannel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)