The Voice

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Good performances all around... Christina again after Tony's performance of the Maroon 5 song showed no couth what so ever, totally ignoring what was going on.

Agreed. I lost a lot of respect for her tonight with that. Ironic in that I thought her connection with Chris Mann was authentic - just wish she had not been so negative towards Tony Lucca throughout the whole song.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Agreed. I lost a lot of respect for her tonight with that. Ironic in that I thought her connection with Chris Mann was authentic - just wish she had not been so negative towards Tony Lucca throughout the whole song.
Exactly ... from not remembering him to dissing him, she is a diva for sure, no love for that c ... good performances all around for sure.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
The problem is, I think 3 of the 4 really brought it. For some reason I barely even understood the words to the controversial song Lucca sang, and he just did not wow me. Oh, he was better than 90% of idol contestants, but it felt like the other three were on their game. I think its cool that somebody like Chris Mann, a classically-trained opera singer, can make it to the final, and actually perform much that is in his genre, and have a good chance of winning.

I really liked the coach-finalist duets too. All four of them. And like or dislike the Diva, she and Mann really brought it with The Prayer. Heck, I also like Adam Levine and Tony Lucca on Yesterday. And I just laughed in pleasant amusement at Blake Shelton and Jermaine doing soul man. You can just tell these people are having a heck of a lot of fun, and the connections are real.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Found the following in the tivo voice thread, makes sense if true...
I have a little "inside scoop" about Tony and Christina. A very good friend of mine from high school was cast coordinator for Mickey Mouse Club back in the 90's when Christina and Tony and Justin Timberlake and Brittney Spears were all in the cast. Christina had a huge crush on Tony and he just wasn't into her. Christina is incredibly bitter about her MMC days and having Tony Lucca on the Voice just stirred all that back up again.
According my my friend Christina wasn't a very nice person even way back then.

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Makes sense. I was pretty sure that Christina and Tony Lucca had some history. And I really doubt that she didn't recognize him when she saw him.

As for Chris Mann, well, he might be opera trained, but by opera standards his singing is rather average. Many opera singers have better voice and better control than he (just my humble opinion). And that's why I think he found himself in the pop singing competition in the first place. To me, he is completely out of place: not good enough to become a star opera singer, but I don't see him doing popular music either. I hope he finds his niche, and hopefully this national exposure will help him in his career. He did pretty good last night though.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Agreed. No losers. Was really torn, but my two votes did accurately pick the final two.

My 14-yr old son on Christina when she stood up to reveal those shorts... "she looks like a common street whore." How he knows what a common street whore looks like is beyond me, but no disagreement.

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
I thought Jermaine's first performance of the night with the guys was great.

Hope the UK and Aussie Live performances are as good as the US has been. They start this weekend.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I thought it was hilarious. :D And my kid's street whore line just made me roll on the floor.

She wore a few outfits I liked over the season, but last night's was just in the bizarre range.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
I saw an interview with Adam on News Channel 4 NY after the Voice which rang true, Christina's actions probably cost Tony the title...
Adam was visibly irritated, Juliet still didn't have her voice back last night and her illness probably cost her as well.
I'm happy for Jermaine as I've liked him from the start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts