The Voice

yeah, itunes told the tale. I only watched the last half-hour, which was all I needed to. Like many other winners, the guy is an incredible singer, but i struggle figuring out what his music career looks like. That said Emily Ann and Barret should be on their way to a good career. I really thought Barrett's finale performances (other than rhinestone cowboy) just weren't that good. But al in all a good season. I am just so bummed that in the spring its Diva time again. :(

Reactions: osu1991
One of the coaches made a similar comment last night about post-Voice marketing. I think it was Blake. These folks on the voice get lots of advice on arrangements, phrasing and staging. They get costumes and sets provided that are unrealistic for anyone, except those that can fill a stadium. So they make the finals, and then find themselves back on that bare stage in the small club, perhaps with a minor music contract. The voice might get them in some doors, but they are going to have to do a lot of work and self promotion to get themselves up that ladder.

As for Jordan's image, I seem to recall the same sort of things being said about Kelly Clarkson after she won the first Idol. They said she was overweight and didn't present a professional appearance. I hope that all four manage to hook up with quality image promotion people for that reason.

One of the coaches made a similar comment last night about post-Voice marketing. I think it was Blake. These folks on the voice get lots of advice on arrangements, phrasing and staging. They get costumes and sets provided that are unrealistic for anyone, except those that can fill a stadium. So they make the finals, and then find themselves back on that bare stage in the small club, perhaps with a minor music contract. The voice might get them in some doors, but they are going to have to do a lot of work and self promotion to get themselves up that ladder.

As for Jordan's image, I seem to recall the same sort of things being said about Kelly Clarkson after she won the first Idol. They said she was overweight and didn't present a professional appearance. I hope that all four manage to hook up with quality image promotion people for that reason.

Agreed. I think the key for Jordan is figuring out WHAT he wants to be. I think if he markets himself as the next Michael Buble, he can be very successful.

And it was Blake who said that, talking with Barrett.

Reactions: jayn_j
Voice of Ireland started up again last week and Voice UK today.

Ireland had a few good ones in the first blinds. Having a difficult time watching UK tonight since they let Sir Tom Jones go and replaced him with Boy George. Just not interesting and performances have been mediocre so far. Still got half episode left to watch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Agreed. Very good. Still watching it. Had to go to Hulu though as the two hour episode was pre-empted by local weather for the entire two hours, as there were thunderstorms and tornadoes.

Sometimes you wonder why the judges pair people, when they shouldn't get rid of any of the two.

Announced this morning that Miley Cyrus and Alicia Keys are replacing Christina and Pharrell as coaches next season. Blake and Adam will also return.

Didn't agree with much of the final 12 to go to the Live shows. I think I can guess the final 4 before I get there. Pretty much just using tivo skipmode jumping through the segments as I'm not that impressed with most of them. Finished 4 more episodes in less than an hour. Got 6 left.