The Walking Dead on AMC

I didn't realize that TWD had returned until I saw the episode summary on Yahoo. The radio broadcasts that Tyrese was hallucinating about was most likely the broadcasts that he listened to with his father when he was young,& no doubt was about Rwanda,Liberia,Sierra Leone,& other African nations that went to hell during the 90's. The bodies that they found that were cut in half,with the upper bodies put into that truck were no doubt the work of a certain bad guy,mentioned in the comics with his beloved weapon,that people,who don't read the comics,do not want mentioned because it will spoil it for them. Is this the first hint of [?]?

This is exactly what the radio hallucination represented. If you watch the Talking Dead they actually discussed it.

I was not expecting a character death in this episode, especially not Tyrese. It was a pretty sad episode but still a powerful one. It's great to have it back on.

With all of Tyrese's visions, it occurred to me that perhaps it's time for a spin off show where all the deceased regulars are brought back to intervene in a "Touched by an Angel" fashion. For example:

Bob can help those with a good heart, but who have drinking problems.
Meryl can intercede on behalf of rednecks who had an abusive childhood.
Tyrese will come to the aid of those who have the strength to physically dominate but no longer have the will to fight.
Lori can counsel pregnant women who lie to themselves and others about the child's father.
The Governor and Lizzy can team up to work with those who believe their zombie children can be cured/saved or are simply fun to play with.
Beth can help anyone who still hasn't gotten over failing to get past the first round of American Idol auditions before the outbreak.

'Walking Dead': Who's the New Mystery Guy? https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/walking-dead-whos-mystery-guy-050001147.html
[Warning: This story contains spoilers from episode 510, "Them," of AMC's The Walking Dead and the comic series it is based on.]Sunday's episode of AMC's The Walking Dead introduced a new stranger to the group when a stranger named Aaron introduced himself to Maggie (Lauren Cohan) and Sasha (Sonequa Martin Green).Relative newcomer and new series regular??Ross Marquand made his debut as Aaron in the closing minutes of the zombie drama based on Robert Kirkman's long-running comic series. The character, dressed like a Boy Scout, claims to be a friend — and even mocks "stranger danger" — when he first approaches the duo.Aaron's arrival comes after Kirkman teased that Walking Dead would be introducing a prominent gay character from the comics during the second half of season five.

That was a very boring episode of WD last night. If the gloomy situation doesn't change soon, I will start to wish for them to turn into zombies.

This episode was very slow. More story development. It's not bad but with so few episodes in a season I hate having to wait for the story to develop. It looks like the next episode will be our action packed one.

This episode was very slow. More story development. It's not bad but with so few episodes in a season I hate having to wait for the story to develop. It looks like the next episode will be our action packed one.
Looks like they are repeating the post-midseason "crawl" from last year, heaven forbid.

Looks like they are repeating the post-midseason "crawl" from last year, heaven forbid.
Usually the mid season premier episode is exciting and this last week's episode was not. It has become a slow plug through, with an occasional death thrown in along the way. Maybe the new guy Arron, will "liven" things up ,so to speak. But he is probably another cannibal. Anyone that they have met along the way living in clean clothes in a somewhat civilized setting, turns out to be a crazed psychopath or a cannibal.

I have always wondered what kind of affect freezing weather would have on zombies and now with this nation wide freeze I think it would be cool to explore that idea on the show. Just like any organic thing a zombie would have to freeze. I know it would be hard to stay alive in the cold but at least you wouldn't be dodging zombie while gathering supplies.

They don't film in the winter months on this show. As for Arron , I read he is a "gay" character that is from Alexandria Virginia Free zone . He is trying to get Rick and the crew to come to safety there. So maybe we will have Gay cannibals instead, not that there is anything wrong with that....:oldwink

They wouldn't freeze to death though, right ? :D It would kinda be like Han Solo being flash-frozen and when they thaw out, they're still "alive" .... or "(walking) dead".

I don't know. That's why I'd like to see how they handle it. This would go back to a conversation we had on here about what it takes to kill a zombie. If the brain is damaged then the zombie dies. If the brain freezes is it actually damaged or is it preserved like you compared to Han Solo. Intriguing o_O

They can flip a coin and go with either (brain freezes to the point of destruction or it simply thaws out and everything is back to normal) but that won't stop people from disputing it !! ;)

I have always wondered what kind of affect freezing weather would have on zombies and now with this nation wide freeze I think it would be cool to explore that idea on the show. Just like any organic thing a zombie would have to freeze. I know it would be hard to stay alive in the cold but at least you wouldn't be dodging zombie while gathering supplies.

In the Walking Dead video games by Telltale, which are based on the same Robert Kirkman-approved universe, some of the characters have talked about going north with the belief that the freezing cold will at least slow down the zombies' movements. The caveat is of course that food (from plants and hunting animals) will be more scarce.

Last night's episode was very enjoyable. There was just enough of everything for me to make it a great episode. It wasn't one that felt like it was just dragging along. I finally feel like they're getting somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)