The Walking Dead on AMC

You cannot get to the farm or the prison, both are cut off. We got to the gate of the prison and turned around. Essentially the road to the prison that you can drive on is on the other side from what you see on TV. The road to the farm ends at the gate of the farm, but the house is not visible from the road.

The town where they found Morgan holed up on the second floor with all the zombie traps in the street is very accessible (i.e. no traffic you can run all around the area). Senoia has TWD gift shops...

I did a street view in parts of Senoia and a few building fronts look familiar, but many (most) do not. I'm guessing they put up fake facades on many buildings for filming (??). The 0-50 block of Main St definitely looks familiar, while the 50-100 block doesn't at all...

My group at work wasted a good hour the other day look at the google map and pointing out where stuff is, and whats locations some of us go by on the commute home. Guy in the cube by mine passes by the farm every day.

I did a street view in parts of Senoia and a few building fronts look familiar, but many (most) do not. I'm guessing they put up fake facades on many buildings for filming (??). The 0-50 block of Main St definitely looks familiar, while the 50-100 block doesn't at all...

As I recall from my visit, the main street was basically divided in half with the city hall, police, church and a few other businesses on one side of the barricade while the other half made up what you see on TV. During filming, all signage is changed (e.g., the Woodbury Coffee House or whatever its called). For the most part the businesses remain open, but the front doors are locked and the windows are covered in black paper. I stopped for a sandwich at a popular Senoia restaurant and patrons entered through the kitchen. It was a big strange, but I'm sure the townspeople are being well-compensated during filming and I'm sure TWD has attracted a lot of visitors to the area.

It helps if you download an episode featuring Woodbury to your phone before going, then you can compare what you see with the show. That is what I did so I was able to get my bearings.

I shared the map with my student who is now a PhD student at UGA. He was thrilled at the prospect of taking a Saturday and going on a Walking Dead quest. :)

It helps if you download an episode featuring Woodbury to your phone before going, then you can compare what you see with the show. That is what I did so I was able to get my bearings.
I was helped by the fact that I knew some of the locations before seeing them on the show. The prison I recognized right off the first time I saw it, as well as the "Woodbury" location and the traffic jam on 19/41 (the "Interstate" scenes). Other things like the farm and such could have been anywhere. Helps that I grew up around here :D

Took my kids to Senoia this weekend after watching my nephew's rec. football game in Griffin. My daughter had a blast. I was surprised how much some of the stores in Senoia were capitalizing on TWD, though not much else for them to do that with I guess.

I too am not sure how I feel about this spinoff, but I must say that I'm ready for another season of TWD to begin.

I think I am more open to the idea in Breaking Bad's case because that show only has 2 more episodes left and I want to see more. The Walking Dead is still going strong. It seems kind of weird to have two Walking Dead series to be going at the same time. I'm guessing it will be aired at a different time of year so they don't overload us but it still seems kind of odd.

Yea,I'm also mixed on a TWD spinoff.While there is quite a bit of potential,it would have been just as easy to have a second set of survivors written into the original series,iow,give us more episodes.

Instead of a spin off I would rather see 26+ episodes/year of the original cast, perhaps add some other groups that have interactions with the current cast if they need material for more episodes.

Yea,I'm also mixed on a TWD spinoff.While there is quite a bit of potential,it would have been just as easy to have a second set of survivors written into the original series,iow,give us more episodes.

Instead of a spin off I would rather see 26+ episodes/year of the original cast, perhaps add some other groups that have interactions with the current cast if they need material for more episodes.

What you guys are saying makes sense. Rick and the gang haven't exactly been welcoming to outsiders throughout this series though. It would be hard for them to be against joining up with other groups for so long and then try to cooperate with new groups. There was the farm situation where they basically combined with another group but that wasn't typical. It would more likely be another Woodbury situation.

What you guys are saying makes sense. Rick and the gang haven't exactly been welcoming to outsiders throughout this series though. It would be hard for them to be against joining up with other groups for so long and then try to cooperate with new groups. There was the farm situation where they basically combined with another group but that wasn't typical. It would more likely be another Woodbury situation.

What I'm sort of likening it to is the second season of Lost.The tail section,most of that season focused on them,they did eventually meet up with the others.In TWD,heck you could have a totally new set of survivors in just about any town out west for example,that has nothing to do with the original cast,at some point they would meet up.Anyway,an extended season is a much better idea to me,than an entirely new spinoff.

Miracal Workers: Oregon Trail

2021-2022 Fall Network Lineup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)