The Walking Dead on AMC

Punk returns to TV next week on AMC's Talking Dead should be interesting he did good on it last time!! :)

I really don't think the show has changed all that much. I'm surprised to see all the hate from people who used to like it. I'm just curious about what you guys want to see on a weekly basis. They can't do big season finale type stuff every single episode. It would be impossible for them to keep outdoing themselves every week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The comics don't have a problem keeping it exciting every issue. They can show them out on their own like this plenty but how about showing them struggling to survive instead of just sitting their talking. To me it's been like the love scene in an action movie, the whole movie has been exciting, funny and full of action then they throw in a love scene that just slows it all down and all I want is for it to get over so I can enjoy the main attraction.

The comics don't have a problem keeping it exciting every issue. They can show them out on their own like this plenty but how about showing them struggling to survive instead of just sitting their talking. To me it's been like the love scene in an action movie, the whole movie has been exciting, funny and full of action then they throw in a love scene that just slows it all down and all I want is for it to get over so I can enjoy the main attraction.

I have read the comics up until the first half of this season of the show. Compendium 1 took me to that point. The problem with just porting it directly over is that some entire episodes of the show are just a couple pages of the comics. Maybe speeding everything up would be a good thing but if they used the books as a script they would have burned through all their material by the end of season 2.

How many episodes has it been since we saw Rick,Carl,and Michonne?At least 2.Instead of listening to Emily Kinney sing and play piano,I would much rather have a peek over at Rick and companies exploits.Don't focus nearly 2 entire episodes on Daryl and Beth.Tyrese,Carol and those crazy girls are still out there too.

To be clear, I liked the farm episodes too. There was tons of criticism here and on other sites back then too though. People said it was boring that they were just hanging out on a farm. There was more to it than that but that was a common complaint. My point is basically this, people have been complaining about this show since the farm yet they still watch it. The ratings are still huge.

It's definitely not perfect, but in my opinion it's so much better than 99% of the other shows filling up cable and broadcast networks. People here talk about it like it's a struggle not to fall asleep because it's so boring. I just don't get that at all. During the first season there weren't many people who watched the show but those of us who did loved it. Once it came to Netflix and more and more people discovered it everyone talked about it like it was the best show on TV. Now that it is a common part of pop culture and everyone knows what it is people talk about it like it's the worst show on the air. It just seems like it's cool to hate TWD at this point.

Thats because the show is no longer must see live tv.. It used to be. Take a show like breaking bad. It progressed to being better and better and better. So as it became more "pop culture" the show actually got better. Where as walking dead has been getting worse. I dont know what it is, there just is nothing that draws me in and says "I cant miss it sunday" I just got around to watching the show a lil bit ago, it normally is unheard of me missing twd on sunday. I know id never miss breaking bad or game of thrones the night it plays.

I think the ratings are still good because well, what else is there to watch? Honey boo boo? Some other reality non-sense? As far as scripted shows we have very few choices and while not as good as the past twd is still better than most what else is out there.

Also i think what is missing is these episodes are focusing on such a small part of the cast. Last week we saw what only Daryl and beth, this week we see daryl and beth then a smidge of others. I think they need to move faster as far as showing each group. Even if its a small part, just to show they are still making progress and what they are doing.

Yeah, just watched, no better than before. And only 3 left. Put it out of its misery. Can't imagine how it is keeping ratings with such crappy episodes.

Speaking of the waste of precious screen time, what the heck was that into scene, and WHY was it needed? Oh that's right, it wasn't.

The previews for next week make me hope we'll soon be done with the two little crazies, but, that "would be too cruel". :rolleyes:

Yeah, just watched, no better than before. And only 3 left. Put it out of its misery. Can't imagine how it is keeping ratings with such crappy episodes.

Speaking of the waste of precious screen time, what the heck was that into scene, and WHY was it needed? Oh that's right, it wasn't.

Trying to take from Breaking bad, where they would do those short intros and then bring it together. I think it worked in that it showed why he didnt want to be alone again.

they used two boy twins in the comics, one was cutting up cats
12.jpg

I kept and just watched this season's first TD with Gimple saying he's going to take the best of what has come before and build on it. Must be he thought the BEST was Beth singing at the farm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)