The Walking Dead on AMC

U.S. States Most And Least Likely To Survive The Zombie Apocalypse

Given the growing frequency with which zombies appear in movies, TV shows, and your worst nightmares, it’s inevitable the zombie apocalypse will soon be upon us. When it comes to surviving this inevitable showdown with the undead, location is everything. Do you live in a state populated with zealous zombie fighters capable of beating back hordes of brain-hungry walking dead?

http://blog.estately.com/2014/03/u-...-to-least-prepared-for-the-zombie-apocalypse/

Excellent show tonight for many reasons which we can discuss tomorrow after everyone has seen the show.

Miscellaneous thoughts...
- I enjoyed the newly added flashbacks showing Hershel.
- Carl was raped...right? That wasn't quite clear.
- Love how Rich finally lost it and found himself (Wow! That actually makes sense)
- Loved the scene where Rick bites out Joe's jugular...although I don't think it would be that easy in real life.
- Those were human remains they ran past in terminus...right?
- I loved the closing when Rich said they were screwing with the wrong people.
- The leader of the hippy cannibals was immensely hatable.

Last edited:
2) Carl, no, I don't think so - attempted though

4)Yes, we had to rewind there just to be clear. One thing was clearly visible. Notice the herding technique?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I watched last weeks episode and just finished tonight's finale. I thought the finale was pretty good but not amazing. I enjoyed it though. The final line Ricks said was straight from the comics, with the cuss words swapped out.

Can HBO’s ‘Game of Thrones’ Become as Big as AMC’s ‘The Walking Dead?' http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...ame-of-thrones-become-as-big-as-amcs-the.aspx

That's not a fair comparison. AMC is basic cable so nearly everyone gets it, hbo is premium and has a limited audience. So the number of legal viewers will never be the same. Quality wise they are not even comparable. GoT quality is vastly superior to WD. WD is cheesy in comparison. WD is better than nearly any broadcast tv show in the same way. On walking dead they do most things in one shoot due to their special effects and shooting schedule, and any series that takes audience feedback into account is 2nd rate. Some of The characters are also poor, developing in ways that don't make sense. But it's the only zombie show on TV, which encapsulates a certain audience. I watch both every week and like them both but they are not comparable for multiple reasons. Hbo has the budget and freedom to make superior series.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I go into the story line more, than the budget can afford, my gut says they're screwed, but I think Carol and Tyreese will save them, or Daryl or Rick or even Michonne and possibly Carl has a knife tied to their legs under their pants they were not searched.

I view it over and over, it seems Rick threw the guy down, by letting him go they were screwed, the first part was a comic steal, but now no way in the comic there was only about 5-6 of them, now it looks like maybe 25-30 and in a compound different like night and day

When I saw all those bones on the ground, I said oh crap RK now you've really got me thinking, maybe they will use a hidden knife to rip up the floor boards and get out, if it's the type of knife that looks like a saw on one side, and escape from the bottom

and find that load of guns they took from the rapist jerks. I noticed Rick put his favorite big gun in the bag too

Now where is Beth, or was that her on the plate? Daryl never told Rick what happened, or maybe a good person took her, and she will save them, I’m 100% sure the comics and the video have totally parted ways now.

I was right. " To serve Man " was TERMINUS's modus operandi . The scene with the gang that Darryl was hanging with was straight out of the comics frame by frame-even the writer/director said as much in the Talking Dead follow up show. Don't quite see how the gang will get out of this mess come next season seeing that they are literally boxed in their rail car at the end. Still wonder about the connections between the very clean funeral home in a couple of episodes ago and Beth's kidnapping. That was never explained. Liked the flash back scenes when Hershel still had his head. :)

I was right. " To serve Man " was TERMINUS's modus operandi . The scene with the gang that Darryl was hanging with was straight out of the comics frame by frame-even the writer/director said as much in the Talking Dead follow up show. Don't quite see how the gang will get out of this mess come next season seeing that they are literally boxed in their rail car at the end. Still wonder about the connections between the very clean funeral home in a couple of episodes ago and Beth's kidnapping. That was never explained. Liked the flash back scenes when Hershel still had his head. :)

I didn't mind the flashback scenes since it was nice to see Herschel again but they took up about 1/4 of the show. I saw a lot of comments on Twitter about how they hated the amount of time the flashbacks took up.

As for completely departing from the comics, I disagree. They are definitely separating themselves but the show is still taking enough from the comics to keep it accurate. The Rapist, The Hunters and the final line by Rick are all straight from the comic.

I didn't mind the flashback scenes since it was nice to see Herschel again but they took up about 1/4 of the show. I saw a lot of comments on Twitter about how they hated the amount of time the flashbacks took up.

As for completely departing from the comics, I disagree. They are definitely separating themselves but the show is still taking enough from the comics to keep it accurate. The Rapist, The Hunters and the final line by Rick are all straight from the comic.

I agree, too much time with the flashbacks.Overall it was a solid episode, but imho not nearly as tense as the past season finales.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That was what I meant about straight from the comics. The scene with Carl being "raped" and Rick biting a piece out of Joe's neck was straight from the comics frame by frame. In the other thread the comics is shown that way and the director /writer in Talking Dead confirmed that it was taken from the comics
too. I was trying to not reveal too much about the rape scene till everyone had seen it.

That was what I meant about straight from the comics. The scene with Carl being "raped" and Rick biting a piece out of Joe's neck was straight from the comics frame by frame. In the other thread the comics is shown that way and the director /writer in Talking Dead confirmed that it was taken from the comics
too. I was trying to not reveal too much about the rape scene till everyone had seen it.

My thoughts are, if you haven't seen the last episode you should stay away from threads like this. I know that I will not read this thread until I'm caught up, unless I don't care to read some spoilers. This is one of the reasons why I had not posted on here for a while.

As much as I liked the final episode I was still disappointed. To me this was more of a second last episode leading up to the finale. It was more of just a teaser than an actual big finale. The end of the prison was one of best I've seen.

If I were to give this episode a grade it would be a B+ maybe A-. It was very good but not amazing. I really hope the next season keeps a better pace than season 4. There were some great episodes but over half were just slow and kinda boring.

I posted this in a discussion on FB - I think it was a stretch that Rick, Michonne, and Daryl escaped. It was 5 against 3, was it not, plus the 5, or most of them, had their weapons, including guns, out and ready.

Plus, how did it start? It seemed like Joe fired his gun, hence Rick being dazed, but he missed ??

I posted this in a discussion on FB - I think it was a stretch that Rick, Michonne, and Daryl escaped. It was 5 against 3, was it not, plus the 5, or most of them, had their weapons, including guns, out and ready.

Plus, how did it start? It seemed like Joe fired his gun, hence Rick being dazed, but he missed ??

Rick head butt Joe in the face causing him to fire his gun right by Rick's ear which caused Rick to become dazed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts