The Weather Channel and DirecTV Reach Deal!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Weather Channel is on with The Weather Center until 8 PM. That is when the reality shows start. This is through the week days. Don't know about weekends. Too bad we have no weather from the Weather Channel during Prime Time . Directv should have requested they start the non weather programs after Prime Time , like around 10 PM. !2 PM would have been better. We have a choice in weather though. WeatherNation 24/7 , 7 days a week.

As far as weekends go, they are live in the morning, but from 2 pm Central forward...nothing but reality shows...unless there's a big severe weather outbreak or snowstorm.

I was in the Doctor's office waiting room today and they had TWC on, it drove me crazy, it was about 30 minutes trying to make the same thing sound interesting over and over. This channel was useful before the internet, you could tune in and see your forecast every 8 minutes or so. I see why its ratings have gone down.

WethereNation was a good one whith lots more wethere

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I was in the Doctor's office waiting room today and they had TWC on, it drove me crazy, it was about 30 minutes trying to make the same thing sound interesting over and over. This channel was useful before the internet, you could tune in and see your forecast every 8 minutes or so. I see why its ratings have gone down.

They were good before NBC/Bain Capital/Blackstone Group bought it.

how do you get rid of that darn weather channel red button app coming soon scroll?

I DVR'ed a program about building a hurricane proof ballpark a day or so after TWC returned to DIRECTV. I swear when I started to watch it, it had no scroll and when I returned to the DVR to finish the program, it has that scroll. Every time I've restarted the playback to watch the program, it continues to have the scroll and I can't figure out how to turn it off. It's so annoying!

Weather Channel Talks to Banks on Options Including Sale http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...speak-to-banks-on-options-including-sale.html
The buyout firms that own Weather Channel Cos. have spoken to JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. about strategic options including a possible sale, according to people familiar with the matter.Weather Channel hasn’t begun a formal process or hired a bank, according to the people, who asked not to be named because the discussions were private. Blackstone Group LP, Bain Capital LLC and Comcast Corp.’s NBCUniversal bought Weather Channel Cos. in 2008 for about $3.5 billion.The private-equity firms are interested in exploring the idea of selling all or part of the company, according to two people familiar with the matter. They also may decide to hold their ownership stakes rather than sell, the people said.Representatives for Weather Channel, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, NBCUniversal, Blackstone and Bain declined to comment.Weather Channel, which is distributed to more than 100 million U.S. households, could potentially be sold to a cable network company, while the company’s weather data could be acquired separately, one of the people said. The businesses combined have a value of at least $3.5 billion, the person said.Weather Channel Cos. includes the Weather Channel television network, digital properties including Weather.com, Weather Underground and Intellicast.com, and Weather Services International, or WSI, a weather forecasting service.

Weather Channel Slashes Another 40 Jobs
Weather Channel Slashes Another 40 Jobs
The Weather Channel laid off 40 staffers Wednesday, a company spokesperson confirmed to TheWrap.
The network made the cuts citing a need to shift resources in a changing TV climate.After a careful analysis of our business, we made the difficult decision today to eliminate roles across all functions and levels at The Weather Channel. The television business is shifting and in order for us to compete in the future, we need to reallocate and better focus our resources on what we know our audiences want. The changes we are making today are necessary, difficult and the responsible way for us to move forward. Though it is hard to say goodbye to our friends and family, this action concludes that process and we are working closely with those affected through this period of transition.This round of layoffs takes place a month after another 40 employees were handed pink slips; mostly from the network's digital division. Wednesday's cuts come from the TV channel itself.The network tells us there are no other layoffs expected. Two weeks ago, TWC made a major change to one of its signature programs, “AMHQ,” replacing senior executive producer Scott Warren with former CNN showrunner Angie Massie. https://tv.yahoo.com/news/weather-channel-slashes-another-40-jobs-220200063.html

When they say changing TV climate do they mean people are or are not watching their primetime programming? Do they still not get the fact that I watch the Weather Channel for straight weather coverage not entertainment? I don't want flashy people pointing at a weather map. I want people that know what they are talking about pointing at a weather map.

I think everyone other than NBC saw this coming. When they were sold off you knew the end was near.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)