The Weather Channel "Feeds"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Doubt DTV has anything to do with the itinerant signals.
Wish the local OTA with a weather sub channel here would pick up W-Nation as their locally produced program is a joke.

weather nation

I got w-nation the other night while dxing.I rarely get an ota channel from New orleans,but did Sunday night.
I liked the channel.
I don't like the weather channel.They have gotten to where they don't even do the weather anymore..LOL.Go figure.
I do like the series"highway through hell",.
And when they do talk weather,it's usually always about the northeast.
I sat and watched 5 minutes of commercials after weather on the eights,and I just gave up on them.They have lost the insight of being a national weather service (cable)
So,give me a free weather channel ota and I'd say goodbye to the weather channel anyday !!
They are now owned by NBC
The reason dtv dropped them is all about money.
These big cable companies are now sticking it to the providers who end up passing the large increases to customer.
You feeds should stay on 103.That has nothing to do with dtv as far as I know

I got w-nation the other night while dxing.I rarely get an ota channel from New orleans,but did Sunday night. I liked the channel. I don't like the weather channel.They have gotten to where they don't even do the weather anymore..LOL.Go figure. I do like the series"highway through hell",. And when they do talk weather,it's usually always about the northeast. I sat and watched 5 minutes of commercials after weather on the eights,and I just gave up on them.They have lost the insight of being a national weather service (cable) So,give me a free weather channel ota and I'd say goodbye to the weather channel anyday !! They are now owned by NBC The reason dtv dropped them is all about money. These big cable companies are now sticking it to the providers who end up passing the large increases to customer. You feeds should stay on 103.That has nothing to do with dtv as far as I know

For real, reality shows on the weather channel. It's not even weather!

We have 2 local 24 hr digital chans ota here one is 24 hr radar with perfect Paul reading the reports over and over, and the other has casters do local and regional weather all day.

To hell with TWC and their commercial owners, we don't need it, they can keep that for all I care.

turbosat is correct.Let me go a little further with this.
I'm in lafayette louisiana.My antenna "system" is a bit complex with 2 towers and 5 antennas.I have these antennas aligned and amplified to get all my local channels and then some.
I don't have a uhf antenna pointing west of east because I don't get channels from that direction on that band,Usually.
Sometimes I rescan my set top box digital to analog converter and pick up channels beyound my regular locals.
Sometimes it's New Orleans which is about 150 miles away,and sometimes Beaumont Tx,which is a little closer.
Some people DX using tall towers,huge antennas, and rotors...to see if they can get distant signals..wether it be TV or FM.
Sorry if I hijacked the thread for explaining DX.
And yes--who needs the weather channel.I get 2 dif sub channels from Baton rouge that shows current conditions ALL the time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts