The Weather Channel....is BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Switching to DISH

Well, I just cancelled my DirecTV and am about to call DISH. If DirecTV is not committed to provided the best that television has, then I'm not interested anymore. Wayne's World Weather is not gonna cut it. I'm moving on.

All this for a penny (actually 1.6 pennies). So stupid DirecTV.:mad:

BTW, DirecTV tried to tell me that DISH is having the same dispute, which is not true.

Peter

Well, I just cancelled my DirecTV and am about to call DISH. If DirecTV is not committed to provided the best that television has, then I'm not interested anymore. Wayne's World Weather is not gonna cut it. I'm moving on.

All this for a penny (actually 1.6 pennies). So stupid DirecTV.:mad:

BTW, DirecTV tried to tell me that DISH is having the same dispute, which is not true.
Uh-oh, have the TWC shills showed up here now ?? :eek:

Previously you said you had cable and thought of coming back...
15-yr DirecTV subscriber, switched to my local cable a couple years back, saving money.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...oming-to-Directv-Ch-361?p=3330862#post3330862
so which is it?

Me personally with all the other ways to get weather I find funny people will cancel because of the reality errr sometimes weather channel???? REALLY???

I'm not even a DIRECTV customer but good for them, I wouldn't be objectionable if DISH were to drop TWC as well. This is a slightly bigger news story in this area because this is where TWC launched some 30 years ago and is still based. I'm reasonably certain that during its first 25 years none of the cable/sat providers ever had a fee dispute with TWC. The first that I'm aware of came later when DISH pulled them a few years back. At that point it had been sold to NBC and one sensed that things would never be the same.

I imagine that's not really news to anyone, but unless you're from the Atlanta area there are a few related developments that you may not have heard about. First some background. A few months ago, the Atlanta Braves announced that they would be moving to a brand new stadium to be built outside of the city in Cobb County. The Braves were beneficiaries of some taxpayer breaks/funding for their new facility. Incidentally the Braves news stadium is to be located across the street (about 18 lanes of Interstate 75) from TWC's facility in Cobb. Can you guess where this is going?

Nothing better illustrates the avarice that is NBC-Comcast than what ensued. Just days after the Braves deal, Comcast through TWC made their beggars pitch to Cobb County asking for their own tax breaks while pointing out that in their roughly 30 years in Cobb, they had never made any previous such requests. The request which spoke of expansion was regarded as a veiled threat of relocation out of Cobb. The idea of expansion is laughable. Are they saying they need space for more video servers so that they can bring even more reality based docu-dramas? It may still be called The Weather Channel, but it bears little semblance to its former self on the air and in the community.

Very interesting Scott. I wondered if they would switch back to the "reality" programming after D* pulled them. Now we know "the rest of the story" :)
It would be funny if the "congressmen and senators" that TWC told D* customers to contact finally get around to checking TWC's programming now.... :D

What they are showing on The Weather Channel now has as much to do with Weather as Honey Boo Boo has to do with Learning on The Learning Channel. :)

With Weather Channel gone I don't miss it and have been watching Weather nation more and more since it was put on DirecTV!!! :)

You people who are cancelling or threatening to cancel are cracking me up! :D

Awww crap, hope it's back before the Olympics start. If I remember correctly TWC is one of the many NBC owned channels used for Olympic feeds and with my luck the event I want to watch will be on it.

Funny how all of you have overlooked this issue!!!

TWC1.png
TWC2.png

Last edited:
“Consumers understand there are now a variety of other ways to get weather coverage, free of reality show clutter, and that The Weather Channel does not have an exclusive on weather coverage – the weather belongs to everyone.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awww crap, hope it's back before the Olympics start. If I remember correctly TWC is one of the many NBC owned channels used for Olympic feeds and with my luck the event I want to watch will be on it.

Funny how all of you have overlooked this issue!!!

From memory, the last Olympics TWC did not have any Olympic coverage.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)