The Weather Channel....is BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wether Channel don't need it's on your phone and computer

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Maybe if I got out a wooden stake AND a silver bullet......

WeatherNation wouldn't be so bad if it were more local. All I'm looking for is The Weather Channel minus the "original programming" (morning talk & reality shows). Just give me the weather. National forecasts are fine as long as I get my local forecast every 10 minutes or so. When I say local I mean forecasts for my city (or the closest larger city) followed by my surrounding area forecast. And since I live on the coast I want my local marine/tide forecast as well so I know if it's gonna be a boat day or not. I don't even need a weather guy on screen to give me all this info. Some local area radar and forecasts graphics/models with audio overlay would be just fine. The ONLY thing I miss from The Weather Channel is "Local on the 8's." When Dtv introduced the red button local weather I thought it was kinda cool, but I never use it.

WeatherNation wouldn't be so bad if it were more local. All I'm looking for is The Weather Channel minus the "original programming" (morning talk & reality shows). Just give me the weather. National forecasts are fine as long as I get my local forecast every 10 minutes or so. When I say local I mean forecasts for my city (or the closest larger city) followed by my surrounding area forecast. And since I live on the coast I want my local marine/tide forecast as well so I know if it's gonna be a boat day or not. I don't even need a weather guy on screen to give me all this info. Some local area radar and forecasts graphics/models with audio overlay would be just fine. The ONLY thing I miss from The Weather Channel is "Local on the 8's." When Dtv introduced the red button local weather I thought it was kinda cool, but I never use it.
Best bet is your local NWS office data available from weather.gov

I will say that WeatherNation is worthless during actual severe weather events. I wonder if it's even live?

I will say that WeatherNation is worthless during actual severe weather events. I wonder if it's even live?

And the Weather Channel is just stellar!
look, just admit you like the chicks on TWC..That's why you want it back.
LOL!!!!

And the Weather Channel is just stellar!
look, just admit you like the chicks on TWC..That's why you want it back.
LOL!!!!

Even though the graphics have gone downhill, the real time tracking of live storms/weather events was always good on TWC. WeatherNation will be there someday, I am sure.

Lets hope they get severe weather mix up before next week because if the models are correct we could have a pretty big tornado outbreak

Lets hope they get severe weather mix up before next week because if the models are correct we could have a pretty big tornado outbreak

This is all I need.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1396029215.094817.jpg

With TWC you have to hope that they consider your severe weather important enough to interrupt their regular (reality) programming. There have been cases where severe weather including tornados were causing casualties while TWC refused to cut away from their standard programming.

They gave up awhile ago. This became clear after they removed the keep the weather channel site. The fact is weather nation will be staying on 362 with the weather mix going to 361 based on the last testing of that channel.
Seems like weather channel has given up at least for now. Haven't heard anything on this dispute for about a month now

They gave up awhile ago. This became clear after they removed the keep the weather channel site. The fact is weather nation will be staying on 362 with the weather mix going to 361 based on the last testing of that channel.
so weather mix is for sure coming and is in testing mode right now correct ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts