The Weather Channel....is BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You should read the comments on deadline.com on this story. It is all these people saying how they can't survive without it. One person even commented they watch it 75% of the time. I guess this alternate universe values it much more than we do here. I live in TX. and if I depended on this piece of junk,I guess I would have to stare out my window and say "Oh that's a pretty tornado.":eek:

go to the Directv facebook site...the same 1/2 dozen people are flooding every post about how much they love that channel.

My favorite one "Oh Directv is going to lose alot of people if Directv drops it"

From the website:

The Weather Channel isn't just another TV network. It is a public safety resource, and a partner with government, humanitarian and rescue organizations at the local, state and federal levels. The consequences of removing it from 20 million households could be detrimental to public safety. That's why Congress and DIRECTV need to understand the risks to your local community. Urge DIRECTV to do the right thing. Tell them there is no substitute for The Weather Channel.

Directv already added WeatherNation. Problem Solved.

Honestly, TWC as you all have mentioned is pretty much a channel filled with crap now. What's odd though is that they are still trying to make an image out of themselves by hiring Sam Champion (arguably the best meteorologist after Al Roker) to do a morning weather show. I can't believe the guy took the job and left ABC. I mean they have tornado warnings and stuff xD

TWC just has to see that: If your viewership is lower than some channel that once and still is an OTA channel in which is only available in like 10 markets, then you got some issues.

For those underestimating the importance of TWC, here's this evening's 'life-or-death' schedule:
I don't watch TWC nor am I defending them, but when severe weather occurs, I presume they interrupt their normal schedule, yes ?

I had to check this thread too after I read the same article that iceberg linked above. I thought it was a joke that the head of TWC said the things he said.... That is pure desperation !

As for me DIREC can take the weather channel off. I hope d will not give in.

From the website:

The Weather Channel isn't just another TV network. It is a public safety resource, and a partner with government, humanitarian and rescue organizations at the local, state and federal levels. The consequences of removing it from 20 million households could be detrimental to public safety. That's why Congress and DIRECTV need to understand the risks to your local community. Urge DIRECTV to do the right thing. Tell them there is no substitute for The Weather Channel.

Directv already added WeatherNation. Problem Solved.

Also, the fact that they don't really do "Local" forecasts, radar ect.

They have about 20 cities they handle and thats about it.

IF they were able to do Locals like the Cable Co's can with the Locals on the 8's then it would be worth while.

Not to start a D vs. E war but im guessing Directv wants exactly what Dish got out of TWC a few years ago when Dish dropped them. Local weather to the Spotbeams which I am definitely a fan of. If i recall right TWC caved in like 3 days or so...

You don't even get your local forecast on the weather channel on satellite, atleast on Dish they run a national forecast. You don't need the Weather Channel, even if it was all weather all the time. You have the internet, local TV, and if you live in an area that subject to unpredictable severe weather you can buy a weather radio.

hope they keep the channel.. don't need people switching to Dish just for that reason - I'm enjoying this slow period of work :D

But I agree with most here its a worthless channel here lately.

Someone posted at TWC facebook that just made me laugh

BREAKING NEWS: The Weather Channel has named the disputes with DirecTV "Contract Disputes Bob". This dispute is headed towards all of your homes! Take shelter immediatly!

TWC really thinks highly of themselves. LOL

I would really like to know the number of callers that have called Directv asking to keep this channel.
This is where someone usually post that I would be surprised. LOL

:clap TWC IS DONE SO AHEAD AND STICK A FORK IN IT.

Last edited:
I doubt it is very high. I would be shocked if the drop that results from it is even really noticeable. A few of them maybe very loud but are easily replaced.
TWC really thinks highly of themselves. LOL

I would really like to know the number of callers that have called Directv asking to keep this channel.
This is where someone usually post that I would be surprised. LOL

Last edited:
My prediction:

Directv drops TWC:)

Or

Directv gets a really good deal and keeps.:)

From another site:

There is NO WAY there are this many TWC fans responding to this argument. Most people aren’t even aware that DirecTV is thinking of dropping them. Looks like NBC/TWC have their interns flooding the boards. ‘saves lives’? Please!

So apparently I'm not the only one that noticed it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts