The Weather Channel....is BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They always try making the weather look worse then it is.

I remember one time they had a reporter talking about how bad the flooding was so she had to do a report from a canoe and as she's doing this report a group if kids walk by her in her canoe. The water wasn't up high at all. It was just another case if The Weather Channel making a mountain out of a molehill.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reminds me of WSVN 7 in south Florida. I can't stand the news there for years because of the unnecessary drama. Suddenly you'll see flashing across the screen, "URGENT URGENT!!!!! THIS JUST IN, RADIATION LEVELS FOUND IN LOCAL TAP WATER!!!! Belkys is at the scene with more! :eek:" . Belkys says," Well Officials have detected radiation in the water but they say not enough to cause any concern. Back to you Lynn...". :/

Enraged Newb said:
"That being said if it saves even a single life just some some silly stuff they do it's worth it to me."

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App![/QUOTE]

It would need to save atleast 3.8 lives for it to be worth it to me...

Maybe Comcast should create a "The Weather Channel 2" (like MTV2) that has national weather 24x7...

Haha, my wife and I tell our kids, "you know, MTV used to play music videos 24 hours a day" and they don't believe us !

Comcast / NBC owns The Weather Channel, so no I don't think they dropped them.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Go around a college campus in the middle of winter and you'll see kids wearing t-shirts and shorts in 5º F weather. If it's not windy, I can do it as well. That said, the kid had a t-shirt, a fleece-looking shirt, and jeans on. That's what I wore a few days ago when it was sub-5º and built a snowman with my kids. I did have gloves too ;)

I guess you are right, I live in Ann Arbor.

It appears that the weather channel is doing everything to get people to switch. Massive radio ads in Chicago. I'm listening to 103.5 Kiss FM over the internet and its like every ad they play the first one is Keep the weather channel. I don't understand why TWC is doing everything but changing to an all weather format. It is almost like they are throwing a fit and refuse to acknowledge all the complaints. My two year old throws less of a fit than what TWC does.

It appears that the weather channel is doing everything to get people to switch. Massive radio ads in Chicago. I'm listening to 103.5 Kiss FM over the internet and its like every ad they play the first one is Keep the weather channel. I don't understand why TWC is doing everything but changing to an all weather format. It is almost like they are throwing a fit and refuse to acknowledge all the complaints. My two year old throws less of a fit than what TWC does.

It will all die out in a few weeks along with this thread. Everyone knows TWC is not coming back to DTV and seeing how many on here dislike it I'm glad that DTV will no longer carry it. Like I said it will all be a distant memory in a few weeks.

Everyone knows TWC is not coming back to DTV and seeing how many on here dislike it I'm glad that DTV will no longer carry it. Like I said it will all be a distant memory in a few weeks.

It should be "everyone thinks....". It'll be back (I GUARANTEE IT!!!!) when NBCU ties TWC carriage to USA, CNBC, E!, etc. so that if you renew CNBC or USA or whatever, TWC will have to be part of the agreement.

I'm still glad TWC is gone for now (it doesn't yank CNBC away from me) plus TWC jsut doesn't care about my metro area of 500,000 people. When the NWS issues a severe thunderstorm warning or whatever, the NWS tweets it, my local stations scroll it, and my smartphone alerts it so I know about the NWS alert before TWC even airs it. I suppose if I lived in a metro area of 1M+ people that TWC cares about, the alert might hit the air on TWC about the same time as the other weather resources.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts