The Weather Channel....is BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can't remember a company/provider so invested in trying to prove that their crap-tasic product is needed. I have them on Dish and only look at their channel when my young daughters grab the remote and happen to push the right numerical combination to flip to their channel. In capitalism, if your product is #$%& and a competitor makes a better version, you try to correct the problem. You don't result to finding insignificant flaws in their product and crying to this level.

Typical nonsense. Instead of touting the good of their product, they say "they suck. Watch us."....Doesn't fly.

The Truth In Advertising law should require them to rename themselves to "The Channel That Formerly Carried The Weather."

TWC is desperate. Trying every angle possible. Including end arounds.
Everyone, including the FCC, has to see that too. I'm not discounting the importance of CC and the FCC seems pretty strict about it, but they also have to give weight to consumer complaints about CC problems vs a complaint that comes from a competitor !

I can't remember a company/provider so invested in trying to prove that their crap-tasic product is needed. I have them on Dish and only look at their channel when my young daughters grab the remote and happen to push the right numerical combination to flip to their channel. In capitalism, if your product is #$%& and a competitor makes a better version, you try to correct the problem. You don't result to finding insignificant flaws in their product and crying to this level.
So true! what a whiny bunch of babies they are. Ads in the Wall Street Journal? catch phrases such as "Don't Let DirectTV control the weather"... every few days brings new whiny attempts by the Highway Boo Boo network...
I have my printed letter back from the American Red Cross about TWC on their use of the Red Cross quote on keeptheweatherchan site. I am at the point of mailing copies to DirectTV, WeatherNation, and Dish I believe.
Wonder if ya could file a complaint with FCC for TWC impersonating a weather network? ha ha...

It depends on how you exit it. If you close it by hitting the red button or the exit selection on the screen, it will work again. If you exit it by hitting exit on your remote, that clears the software and it may not reload without changing the channel.

:welcome to Satelliteguys TonyD79! Wow, it took you over five years for your first post!

I just had to tune in for a few minutes of TWC this morning,5 minutes was all I could stand.OMG run for your life the world is about to end!Pax is coming!!Pax?seriously?Wasn't that a tv network years ago?I will give them a little bit of credit,at least they were covering the weather,but who could stand to watch it is the question.

But they can only seek revenge at this point, IMHO.

Absolutely. It's getting to be time to close these TWC threads as it's become more and more obvious that it's not coming back, that DirecTV has cut them loose and is moving forward with WN.

No point in closing the thread. At least not until TWC gives up their self defeating nonsense. Someone there might actually get fired for this debacle.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

No point in closing the thread. At least not until TWC gives up their self defeating nonsense. Someone there might actually get fired for this debacle.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Comcast should fire themselves!

Scott do you know about the new weather mix channel to launch in march? It says feeds of local stations during severe weather does that mean feeds from other dma's getting severe weather? If so im switching to directv asap

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.