The White House wants your opinion on The DTV Delay ACT Bill

You do realize the President has to sign this into law right? The whole point of this "wait 5 days for online comments before signing none emergency bills" thing was for this exactly. For people to say what they want about it. Will it change the POTUS's mind? Who knows, but this isn't law until he signs that paper.

Hopefully the president will read all the things we are writting on that site!

I told him that if he signs this bill he is calling the American Public Stupid!!!

I stated that if he does not sign the bill then he realizes that the American public is not dumb.

Wel I added my 2 cents in...6 stations in my area said in the paper today that they are "throwing the switch" to cut off analog on Feb. 17 anyhow...in their opinion people have had plenty of time to get ready.

I put in my thoughts about this. By delaying the transition, they are confusing an already confused public. June will roll around and nothing will have changed, people are still going to be confused. This transition has been delayed long enough. Think of it like a band-aid, tare it off now or wait until later, it still hurts the same.We just need to get this done with!

Wish they had asked for comments before the Obama transition team told Congress to enact a DTV Transition Delay bill. I can't imagine they will have second thoughts about this, after all Obama won and he says that means he gets to do what he wants to do.

Anyway, I left my "don't sign the bill" comments consistent with what I wrote to my Senators and Representative. My Senators blew me off (no reply on the issue from either), but my Representative (a Democrat at that) sent back a nice email and then voted against the delay this week. Good guy; think I'll vote for him next time.

It still has to get one final signature. If our opinion didn't matter, they wouldn't ask for it on the White House website. Even if it doesn't it is the point that we are trying that counts.

Since he is the one that pushed for congress to put the bill in and pass it, I think his signature is a foregone conclusion. However, did put in my 2 cents worth, just to make myself feel better.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)