The worst install ever. Please help.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bsilvertab

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Rockford MI
Hi all-
I just desided to call it a night after working on a 4 room install for 5 hours. I am using a elipical phase III dish and my signal readings are as follows on all receivers.

101- Bounces from 0 to 94 on all transponders
110- solid 90-94 signal on all transponders
119- nothing.

I drove 20min each way because I thought the LNB might be bad, No.

I have installed quite a few dishes, even though I only do this part time at best. I don't think it is a line of sight issue because the trees are two normal back yard sizes away. Locally it sounds like a LOS issue.... any help would be appricated.

Have you tried different cable runs to eliminate the cables or their connectors as the cause?

I assume it is showing these symptoms on every receiver via the on-screen signal meter?

Just a shot in the dark, but, could it be a grounding issue?

Perhaps try an alternative ground?, and maybe test the grounding of the outlets the equipment is plugged into?

(assuming you've tried everything else)

Which LNB head is the head for 101? On the on screen setup guide shows A, B, and C, but they are not labeled on the LNB.

Thanks.

bsilvertab said:
Which LNB head is the head for 101? On the on screen setup guide shows A, B, and C, but they are not labeled on the LNB.

Thanks.

I believe it's the one on the far right if you are standing behind the dish (far left if you are looking at the dish from the front. 110 is in the center, and 119 is the opposite side (far left from behind, far right from front).

-Dan

Take all the readings at the dish, solves the cable/ground and other questions. Readings the same as you posted at dish, you have LOS issue.

Well, I got it working. The problem was that i had the dish about 3 degrees to low and not far enough west. I covered up the 110 and 119 heads with tin foil, and reaimed the dish for 101 with my meter. I don't think the fact that it was raining and dark yesterday had anything to do with my sainity. Thanks everyone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts