The YouTube TV Thread

Does YouTubeTV have Dolby 5.1 for live TV? ATT Now has it so this would be a deal breaker for me with YTTV.

5.1 is supposedly on the list of stuff they are working on. It was available on select devices for select on demand content. I was getting 5.1 on my Roku Ultra (4640) for a while and suddenly stopped mid-summer this year, but I think that was a Roku issue as I also suddenly stopped getting 5.1 on CBS All Access at the exact same time. It might be available on the Nvidia Shield and Apple TV, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm trying to find out if 5.1 is available in any form on newer FireTV devices. I only have a 2nd gen stick and just discovered there are max video res limits (720p) on the new YTTV app that doesn't affect newer FTV devices.

Reactions: RandallA
NEWS FLASH!!!!!! It is now available for Fire TV in the Amazon App Store. Doesn't come up on search but this works:

www.amazon.com/Google-LLC-YouTube-TV/dp/B07XF2P9KR/?tag=androidpolice-20

Nothing exciting as YTTV looks exactly the same on my WebOS, Roku's, phones, tablet, and the web. In a word, consistent.

Actually, I've been unknowingly a guinea pig running this for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
5.1 is supposedly on the list of stuff they are working on. It was available on select devices for select on demand content. I was getting 5.1 on my Roku Ultra (4640) for a while and suddenly stopped mid-summer this year, but I think that was a Roku issue as I also suddenly stopped getting 5.1 on CBS All Access at the exact same time. It might be available on the Nvidia Shield and Apple TV, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm trying to find out if 5.1 is available in any form on newer FireTV devices. I only have a 2nd gen stick and just discovered there are max video res limits (720p) on the new YTTV app that doesn't affect newer FTV devices.

My Onkyo reports surround.

Wait - I was close to moving from my Dish to Youtube TV, but no A&E??? And no History channel? Other than those two, YTTV has everything in my much more expensive Dish sub that we watch, but we do watch those two. Any word on potentially adding them?

I tried to add the YTVV app using my account to my fireTV devices, followed the directions resynced device. Looked for it in the library and nowhere to be found. Doesn't work for me. Did several reboots also just to see if it would appear and nothing.

I found it using the search feature at the top on the fire tv itself. It wasn’t readily obvious that it was available, but when I scrolled right on the first layer of tiles it was there.

Reactions: camo
I found it using the search feature at the top on the fire tv itself. It wasn’t readily obvious that it was available, but when I scrolled right on the first layer of tiles it was there.

It's just not there for me. Youtube yes but not YTTV. I went into Amazon account and it says it was added but the apps just not visible. It makes me wonder if some devices are different. I have a couple of older firetv boxes. I only checked out one of them.

I tried to add the YTVV app using my account to my fireTV devices, followed the directions resynced device. Looked for it in the library and nowhere to be found. Doesn't work for me. Did several reboots also just to see if it would appear and nothing.

Try finding this and sideloading. I got it on APK Mirror:

com.google.android.youtube.tvunplugged_1.07.01-10701320_minAPI21(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

I've used it for the last couple of weeks.Seems identical to official release.

It's just not there for me. Youtube yes but not YTTV. I went into Amazon account and it says it was added but the apps just not visible. It makes me wonder if some devices are different. I have a couple of older firetv boxes. I only checked out one of them.

Try finding this and sideloading. I got it on APK Mirror:

com.google.android.youtube.tvunplugged_1.07.01-10701320_minAPI21(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

I've used it for the last couple of weeks.Seems identical to official release.

5.1 is supposedly on the list of stuff they are working on.
This is something that I find frustrating about the OTT marketplace in general and addressing it could be a huge win for all subscribers.

Obviously most mobile users wouldn't benefit (though some would -- seemingly all of them Android-based). If the carriers want to show that they're serious, they should go all in on making 5.1 sound available.

I know the YouTube TV app isn't available for first generation Fire TV sticks, so the same might apply to the earlier boxes. I had no trouble adding it to my 2nd generation stick.

Reactions: camo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts