The YouTube TV Thread

A long-time and reliably knowledgeable YTTV user just reported he's getting 5.1 for live TV on his Nvidia Shield. He had been getting 5.1 for on demand content, but the live TV (during last night's MLB playoff game) is new. :)

Does anyone know if it is possible to use Google Play prepaid cards to pay for YTTV? I can get discounted cards from BJs. This is how I save a few bucks on Hulu and Sling currently.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use Google Play prepaid cards to pay for YTTV? I can get discounted cards from BJs. This is how I save a few bucks on Hulu and Sling currently.
Yes but you have to go into your google play settings and choose that as payment, also you need to have the full balance in your Google play account, for example if you only have $40 in Play then Google will skip that and charge your credit card the full amount.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Zookster and ncted
Yes but you have to go into your google play settings and choose that as payment, also you need to have the full balance in your Google play account, for example if you only have $40 in Play then Google will skip that and charge your credit card the full amount.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Cool, thanks!

All 10 episodes of season 2 of Impulse have just dropped for YouTube Premium and YouTube TV folks. I know a lot of people really like Cobra Kai, but for me personally, this is my favorite YouTube Original. (I like Cobra Kai too, though.)

Reactions: Gobucks and Ronnie-
The special discount on Showtime for YouTube TV subs is over. It had been $7/mo, but effective immediately for new subs is now $11, in line with almost every other provider, including Showtime.com (current subs have one more billing cycle at the old $7 rate). I think I may have a better place to spend my $7/mo beginning Nov. 12. :)

Reactions: Gobucks
Big gripe. The DVR. It does not mark not viewed, partially viewed, or viewed programs. Especially annoying if you had to stop watching mid-show and later come back. Have to scroll, play, review, ask did I/we watch this, nope, and repeat until you you find the spot. REALLY STUPID of the developers.

NEXT QUESTION. Do any of the alternatives not have this issue? DirecTV Sat DVR did a great job but I divorced them after 22 years.

Big gripe. The DVR. It does not mark not viewed, partially viewed, or viewed programs. Especially annoying if you had to stop watching mid-show and later come back. Have to scroll, play, review, ask did I/we watch this, nope, and repeat until you you find the spot. REALLY STUPID of the developers.

NEXT QUESTION. Do any of the alternatives not have this issue? DirecTV Sat DVR did a great job but I divorced them after 22 years.

Check your settings and make sure pause history is off. You can find this under the privacy setting.

Reactions: Zookster

Check your settings and make sure pause history is off. You can find this under the privacy setting.
What tigerfan33 said. Tracking my progess in DVR recordings has never been an issue for me with YTTV.

Thanks. That seems to work. BUT! It seems you are sent to Google and history tracking of EVERYTHING is turned on not just YTTV history.

Anybody else using it on a Fire TV Cube 2. It seems to stall often meaning it pauses on its own and Play must be pressed to restart. Doesn't seem to do it on Roku or LG WebOS but then I primarily watch on FireTV Cube 2 as PQ seems better so I have more play time there.

Anybody else using it on a Fire TV Cube 2. It seems to stall often meaning it pauses on its own and Play must be pressed to restart. Doesn't seem to do it on Roku or LG WebOS but then I primarily watch on FireTV Cube 2 as PQ seems better so I have more play time there.

I do not see this on any of my Firestick 4ks.

Someone in the Facebook group reported this happening on his 2nd gen box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)